Those with dogs.... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I thought about buying a gate to keep the dog from coming up front. I then realized that everytime I open the rear hatch my dog would run for the hills. All I use is a short dog chain that I attach to the 3rd row seat anchor in the middle of the cargo area using a small D-ring. The whole setup only cost a couple bucks. My dog can go to the back of the seat, the window, and remain inside when I open the hatch.

I think i might consider myself lucky our 2 Border Collies HATE to ride in any vehicle. I have to physically shove them in, hold them down, and slam the door shut before they bale out. The female will eventually settle down, usually in the back seat crammed between kids, but the male just cowers in the back. Our 4Runner obviously had a white dog as a previous owner. Have had it for 16 years and I STILL find white hairs in it. No carpet to stick to either. Two years ago we completely stripped the interior, cleaned, hosed, vaccumed, everything. Still finding white hairs. Now the stupid cats, they LOVE to ride. Half the time I go out to get in the Cruiser to leave in the morning I find a cat or two in the drivers seat. (Kids think its funny to put them in the truck in the morning before I come out)

Thanks so much.

As to a dog flipping the 80.....try 3 dogs flipping out on a marmmant (sp?) walking out of the woods and stopping and stepping on the bumper to look at the dogs.....thank god I still have the glass in one piece I swear.

OMG!! A marmot? D'you mean a marmot???

A marmot climbed your rig's bumper to look at your dogs inside?! :eek:

The first time I saw a marmot, I was visiting Colorado for the first time... it was 1994, I think. I had no idea what a 'marmot' was! My husband - who had been there many times before - =was driving; I had the camera in my hands, hanging out the window, taking scenery shots as pleased me.

He suddenly yelled, "Oooh, Steph! Take a picture of the marmot! Get the marmot's picture!"

He was all excited.

I had no idea what a marmot was... or what I was looking for.

He pulled over, and stopped the car.

"Get a picture of ... the marmot! ... the marmot! ..."

I'm staring around wildly for an animal that might be closing in on us fast...

I didn't know what a marmot was; I'd never heard of them.

Finally, it hit my husband.

"You don't know what a marmot is, do you, honey?"

"Noooooo..."

"Over there, on those rocks. See the big, fat, fur hat on the top boulder? That's a marmot, sunning himself."

I got a good picture of a sleeping marmot sunning himself on a pile of boulders.

You're darn lucky that your dogs didn't break the window. Mine would've.

I'd've had marmot stew for supper.

Here is my dog ARGUS (Ch Wynbrook Liviv' on Tulsa Time). He is ALWAYS ready to GO!
SCIPIO FISH STOCKING GOOD FRIDAY 09 100.jpg

Hey Hippy .. what kind of dog is Argus exactly??

:meh:

I took out one back seat in my Cruiser (no 3rd row) and the dogs enter and exit via that door as it's a bit lower. With my spare and tool boxes strapped down in the cargo area there wasn't much good dog room until I did this. We only have the 1 child so it works.

However, my old dog (10yo Lab/Golden mix) really isn't much of a car rider, she never settles down, so she rarely travels with us and I never take her 'wheeling, she hates it.

We have a 6 month old Chocolate Lab puppy that we are trying to truck-train better. He's gone wheeling a number of times already. He wedges himself in next to the single back row seat where my son can pet him and pretty much just goes to sleep. The chocolate also goes to work with us every day. In my 4runner (Daily driver) I have a large crate that fits snugly between the back seat and lift gate and he just stays in there. No chance of him chewing up stuff and it keep his hair and stuff contained.

I'll probably get a ramp to use with both trucks though, Labs have enough joint issues without adding a twice-daily 3 foot jump down to the picture. The Chocolate doesn't even like jumping in and out of the 4runner... I have to pick him up both in and out and with winter almost here that will be a smelly wet mess soon. The old dog can jump up and in but won't jump down (probably for the best) due to the height.

I'm not sure how helpful any of that is, just sharing my experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom