This thing right here - Don't pull it out (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was simply trying to seal up some transfer case leaks, and was told (not by anyone here) that I could pull it out to seal the o-ring. Turns out that info was false. The transmission fluid started draining out of the TC, and it now won't go back in. Turns out it's some sort of idler shaft??

Pardon the lack of identification on the photo. My phone is the only internet access I have at the moment. We're looking at the round component in the middle. Just 1 o'clock or so from the fill hole.

ForumRunner_20120421_114431.jpg
So the question is, am I now screwed?
ForumRunner_20120421_114431.jpg

Gonna need to split the case to put that back in. You could do it on the truck. Pull the rear driveshaft, case half and have at it.

If you have ATF coming out of your transfer (and it wasn't put in there intentionally), you are going to want to change the input seal and O-ring on the transmission output shaft while you are in there.

I say bend over.

If you have ATF coming out of your transfer (and it wasn't put in there intentionally), you are going to want to change the input seal and O-ring on the transmission output shaft while you are in there.

It was not put in there intentionally, However, I had no tranny fluid in the transfer case when I drained it. I am aware of the output shaft seal problem, but it did not start draining out of the TC until after I pulled the shaft a few inches.

And someone, please tell me I'm not the only one who gets a giggle out of saying "tranny fluid.' :lol:

I say bend over.

Spike. I scanned your code. Well done, Sir. :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom