For Sale Thinking of selling expedition ready '06 100 series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 100 Series
Mileage
I need help and input from the Mud brain trust. Thinking of selling my expedition ready '06 100 series with the following mods and accessories:
Sonora Gold with tan leather interior.
165,000+ miles
Owned by Toyota dealership owner in Victoria, TX new ‘til 96,000 miles.
Moved to Utah ‘til now.
Triple locked (ARB) with ARB dual compressor.
Slee blueberry front bumper
Slee rear bumper with dual swingouts(tire carrier and ladder carrier plus jerry can holder)- freshly powder coated
Warn 9.5XP winch with synthetic line
MetalTech sliders
OME suspension - 2” rear coil spring- heavy
-torsion bar set
-OME 60000 Sport Shock Front and Rear comfort shock
- Slee Diff drop kit
- 100 Series Land Cruiser Suspension Heavy Load 2.5”
BFG All Terrains 275/70/18 with about 20,000 miles on them
Rhino Rack roof rack
Extra set of TLC wheels
Custom 14 gallon floor mounted water tank (goes on the floor behind the front seats)
Dometic CF-50 fridge and bracket to set in place of 40% rear seat
3 metal gas jerry cans
1 plastic water jerry can
Recovery kit- never used ARB 11000 Kg snatch strap
  • 8” tow strap/tree protector
  • Warn snatch block PN 61560
  • 4 heavy duty bow shackles
  • Pair of gloves
Renogy solar panel- REGY-F-2x50. This is a portable 100 watt solar panel that sets up anywhere and powers the battery and fridge. In a semi-hard carrying case.
Some surface rust from living in Park City for the last 75,000 miles.
Well maintained
No accidents although Carfax may show an accident as I had a repair done after smacking my rear bumper on a ledge in Kane Creek Canyon.
Thinking about changing it up to a 200 series.

How much?

Sell here or Craigslist/Ebay or Bring a Trailer?

Thanks in advance for you consideration and input.
PS - I had another thread asking about the truck but have decided to add all the extras and ask about where to list it so if the Moderator needs to delete one of these threads please keep this one. Thanks

Last edited:
Yeah- got some honey does to do before I get to that. It will take a good amount of time to get all the gear out, install it and take the pics.
Thanks

Hey, I am in PC. Can I come take a look at it?

Hey, I am in PC. Can I come take a look at it?
Sure- call me at eight oh one two oh one nine four nine three. Park Meadows. Helping out at Red Bicycle Bread this morning so it will be in the PC Market parking lot until about 10:30. Hiking after that.

Definitely need some pictures for any chance of selling, but I'm looking forward to seeing this thing.

Pics. Price?

Pics. Price?

It's amazing how some people fail to provide basic information when posting a FS ad. Doesn't sound like he's serious about selling it and wanting to just put out a feeler.

It's amazing how some people fail to provide basic information when posting a FS ad. Doesn't sound like he's serious about selling it and wanting to just put out a feeler.
It's amazing how some people don't read the whole ad before making a snide comment. I very clearly said I was looking for input by the Mud brain trust and asked how much people thought it was worth. Trading it in on a 2019 LX.

It's amazing how some people don't read the whole ad before making a snide comment. I very clearly said I was looking for input by the Mud brain trust and asked how much people thought it was worth. Trading it in on a 2019 LX.
So you are trading it in, rather than selling it outright?

Not sure
So you are trading it in, rather than selling it outright?
Not sure yet. I am getting a '18 LX out of Texas and he may have a buyer for my '06 TLC. Yet to be determined. I will post up here once I figure out what is happening.
Sorry for the confusion.

I just sold mine (same
Color, from TX) with a little less mods but still a lot of adds. 120k miles for $31.5. People here will tell you that’s a crazy price. I was told to sell it for $24k. I wouldn’t sell your rig a dollar below $33k

I just sold mine (same
Color, from TX) with a little less mods but still a lot of adds. 120k miles for $31.5. People here will tell you that’s a crazy price. I was told to sell it for $24k. I wouldn’t sell your rig a dollar below $33k
Bring a trailer will want a reserve of $20k. Mine was also in very good shape

Hey guys, mods do not bring the same value in pricing as lower miles. Mods one usually gets pennies on the dollar back. Mileage always commands a premium. @TXLCdood, yeah, $31.5 is a crazy price for a 100 anyway.

Hey guys, mods do not bring the same value in pricing as lower miles. Mods one usually gets pennies on the dollar back. Mileage always commands a premium. @TXLCdood, yeah, $31.5 is a crazy price for a 100 anyway.
I am pretty sure that some of the recent 100 sales on Bring a Trailer would not support this argument. On a vehicle that routinely lasts several hunderd thousand miles, the actual mileage is often secondary to a good maintenance history.

Bring a Trailer prices are outliers. And that is the case in every marque forum, and I watch several different marque forums and BaT. Its is an auction format and you get two people in the room who almost always pay more than market value by 5-15%. I've been buying and selling cars a long time. On every type of vehicle, lots of mods do not get people nearly the cost of the mods back on sale. That is simply a determination of the market. And on mainatnce history, it goes hand in hand with mileage. A 300k miles truck with good history with not be similar in to a 100k miles in value. Its a balance of miles and history.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom