Thinking of converting Club Facebook "group" to actual page (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Stumpalama

Forum Junkie
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.capitallandcruiserclub.org
As the title says, I'm thinking of changing the club's facebook presence. I don't know a whole lot about the difference, but I understand that if we are an actual entity on FB, we can post as CLCC, vice just me from the group sharing to other groups etc...

We are currently just a "group" and, from what I've researched, that sort of limits our club's outreach and announcement capabilities on Facebook and elsewhere.

We could also allow multiple people to post to FB as "CLCC", so it do. It is just a matter of identifying people as contributors, then giving access to to page itself. it also decentralizes the page from under one individual.

Anyone have any insight or comments?

Last edited:
Sounds like a good plan to me.

Sooo, we can have both... I linked the new Club FB page to the group page. That way, we can post to the group page and other pages as the "Capital Land Cruiser Club".
If you want to be an editor of the FB page, PM me and I can add you so you can create posts on the club page and post as CLCC on other FB groups and pages. I can also add you to the club instagram page, which will help to keep the instagram page active.

Ultimately, I'd like to have all members as contributors to both pages.

That's awesome!

I think it is a bit confusing to have two pages. If ditching the group page allows us to communicate more effectively, let's go for it. But I think it might confuse people having two different places on Facebook to get our content. I say we just eliminate the old one if the new one proves superior.

Last edited:
I think it is a bit confusing to have two pages. If ditching the group page allows us to communicate more effectively, let's go for it. But I think it might confuse people having two different places on Facebook to get our content. I say we just eliminate the old one of the new one proves superior.

I should have educated myself more before using the "C" word. A Group page cannot be converted to a Business page.
I think we need both. The page allows us to connect an instagram account to FB and thus get wider distribution of our posts, while the group allows us to post as CLCC within the group page.

This is a good summary of the uses of each:

We did not build the CLCC group page, and while a couple of us are admins, a non-club member (Andrew Lamkin & Jose Alberto Avila), but I linked the 2 pages so we can use the CLCC business page to host our event announcements and Instagram posts while sharing them on the group page to promote events and updates.

I should have educated myself more before using the "C" word. A Group page cannot be converted to a Business page.
I think we need both. The page allows us to connect an instagram account to FB and thus get wider distribution of our posts, while the group allows us to post as CLCC within the group page.

This is a good summary of the uses of each:

We did not build the CLCC group page, and while a couple of us are admins, a non-club member (Andrew Lamkin & Jose Alberto Avila), but I linked the 2 pages so we can use the CLCC business page to host our event announcements and Instagram posts while sharing them on the group page to promote events and updates.

Yeah, I still get the notifications when people want to join the Facebook page. I suppose I should pay some dues and do a club event from time to time!

Is there a way to remove me from admin duties????

Yeah, I still get the notifications when people want to join the Facebook page. I suppose I should pay some dues and do a club event from time to time!

Is there a way to remove me from admin duties????
Ahhh, now it comes together!
Fall Crawl would be the perfect event, especially with the 62.

As far as the FB group page, this is what I found:
Though, since I'm an admin as well, I don't see the harm in you staying as an admin. The group isn't just for club members.

Ahhh, now it comes together!
Fall Crawl would be the perfect event, especially with the 62.

As far as the FB group page, this is what I found:
Though, since I'm an admin as well, I don't see the harm in you staying as an admin. The group isn't just for club members.

I was actually thinking fall crawl but then my wife booked a trip for us that weekend.... it’s not too far away from Gore, hmmmmm

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom