Thinking about this fjz 80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I would find out why exactly it can't be driven... you can fix the axle, or find a used one to throw in there. I'd question how and why this front axle problem occurred, and then if still interested conduct further investigation into the condition of the rest of the truck. 148k isn't a big deal, and if the rest of the truck looks and works great, you may have found yourself a decent deal.

Another thing is that a vehicle that can't be driven for any reason, isn't worth a whole hell of a lot. Granted, there are certain vehicles that are considered unobtanium that maybe if it weren't running it's worth a ton of money because of it's uniqueness... bottom line, this 96 80 series isn't one of those... I would not be surprised if you found a nice 80 series for 4300 bucks that's locked and has been well maintained, and still has a lot of miles in it. Just my .02. Time for you to investigate and get back to us on what you find :)

Hello, I'm looking at this fjz 80.

My guess would be the owner never serviced the front axle and busted a birfield. That would explain why it is categorized as a "front diff" problem and why it cannot be driven according to the seller. If it is locked, that could be an excellent deal.

If you are a wrench, you could pull the busted birfield, pull the front DS, get the center diff locked by pulling the fuse, then drive it home. I would bet that could be done within 2 hours.

Repairs could take another $2,000 depending on how much damage was done.

-B-

Last edited:
That price seems to steep, the front axel could need more work and parts than it seems...and ya blue book is $7000 BUT THATS RUNNING!....I wouldnt give him more than $3000...there could be other stuff wrong as well.

good luck

I think that you should go see it in person. If the problem is only the front diff, offer him $3k as stated above

"PRICE NEGOTIABLE"

Check it out. Could be a great find.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom