Things TO-DO before GSMTR 2015 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Got the rear brakes rebuilt, replaced the alternator and that took care of most of the strange noise under the hood. Now I have to figure out how to reattach the skid plate but other wise I think I have everything wrapped up and ready.

Alright, I figured out something I NEED to get done!

Anyone in the group have a welder and know how to use it?
I'm looking to add 2 linear actuators to my adventure style trailer to lift the RTT rack up and down.
I really just need a few tabs welded on, I hate to go to a full on fab shop...

It would probably be the weekend before because I wont be back in town till then

Let meknow, thanks!

Hey Goose, I could probably help you out on welding in some tads. Let me know when

That would be awesome man! I'll try to have all the prep work done so all we'll need to do is weld them on. I'm thinking any day after 4-16, that will give me time to have it ready for welding. Just let me know when works for you and I'll have it ready.

Thanks for the help!

That would be awesome man! I'll try to have all the prep work done so all we'll need to do is weld them on. I'm thinking any day after 4-16, that will give me time to have it ready for welding. Just let me know when works for you and I'll have it ready.

Thanks for the help!

I'm off on Tues, Wed, and Thurs in April. Anytime in the afternoon would work.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Removed fender flares yesterday, got a buddy coming this weekend to help fill the holes, right now they are taped. I'm getting "L" shocks and a rear swing out in the next week, and that's prob it before trail season, hoping to make it to Mardi Krawl to do a shakedown run before GSMTR. The Lexus looks much different now! Planning on a center stripe of diff color paint of some kind... Cheers

I added to my list this week:
Timing belt/water pump replacement
Install snorkel (not that I'll need it at GSMTR)

How's the operation dry out coming, Jamie?

Operation dryout is complete! Now it's changed to Operation Chase Minor Electrical Problems. Such as... No horns. Airbag control module and the o2 sensor. But, the good thing is that it's back together and driveable.

Just registered and have the winch mounted. doubt I will get anything else done. The tow rig needs some attention.

I just hope I can get something done to mine. I spend every free minute at the farm, so I haven't touched anything on any of the rigs lately....

If not I will just roll up in the 4Runner and be a bum for a couple days.

If not I will just roll up in the 4Runner and be a bum for a couple days.

Don't doubt the capability of the 4Runner! Ain't no bums here.

Don't doubt the capability of the 4Runner! Ain't no bums here.

I started to text you today to ask if you were locked out back. And I know the T4R can get it done, but it's my DD so it'd be gravel roads and easy stuff for us in it, or I'd be a bum and ride wif somebody.

I started to text you today to ask if you were locked out back. And I know the T4R can get it done, but it's my DD so it'd be gravel roads and easy stuff for us in it, or I'd be a bum and ride wif somebody.
Mine is open and (kind of) a daily driver. Faolks seem to be surprised when they find out after watching what it can do.

image.jpg
image.jpg
Couple things on my list still dragging, I think as we get nearer to the 1 month mark we start getting that, "oh s*** I still have xxxxx to do", lol

I've befn spending too much time on my off-road camper... I did get my bumpers re painted and ordered light gray monstaliner today for the flare area...

That's awesome Joel!

I knocked out a few items on the 40: installed rear u-bolt flip kits, changed oil, topped off fluids, cleaned air filter, and greased chassis.

Now that I have the rack installaed, I have to get the brackets for the rtt lined up so I can mount it. Then hopefully Dad will be done with his welder (he's restoring a '48 Ford pickup, we have a bit different tastes in automobiles) so I can build the platform I designed that will basically turn the back of the Cruiser into a "raised truck bed" with attachment points for lashing down cargo/cooler on top, storage of recovery gear underneath, and then compatible for sleeping in emergency situations with the second row folded down. I'll probably wait til after GSMTR to get it Linexed just in case I decide to add more holes to attach things to. But other than that, and baselining fluids/greasing the driveshaft and changing out the heater hose T's, she's prety much done for this year.

BIG THANKS to Ryan for all the help today! Got the actuators welded on and wired, brackets for the awning, drilled some holes, moved the shower hooks, and fixed the trailer lights. "Today was a good day".
It was great to see Rance and Corey again. Thanks for the pizza Rance, hope you score the wheels and tires!
Thanks again!
Charlie

No problem Charlie, had a good time. Thanks for coming up and hanging out and letting me work on your trailer. Thanks to Rance for the pizza and hope to do some more work on the 80 and Cory's also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom