They are here,I got mine Thursday. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I got a call Thursday at 3:30 pm that my FJ had arrived.I have first dibs on the local dealer list.Of course I blew out of work and headed on over.Called the wife and kids to meet me for a test drive.
On first seeing it in the parking lot I was amazed.It was all I had seen and read on the net and more.The FJ was a voodoo blue with everything except the rock rails and air dam with fog lights.
I had ordered a manual,but this was an automatic.
The fit and finish were great.The doors shut with a solid thunk.The rear door has like a hatch piston rod at the bottom to help keep it open.When closing it gives a good solid thunk too.
We jumped in an took her for a spin.Out on the highway first, and she had good acceleration.More than enough power.She cruised comfortably a 75-80.There was a fluttering noise behind the compass stack at the base of the windshield.Upon investigation it was the plastic sticker outside on the windshield that read"THE ALL NEW FJ CRUISER.I quickly took it off and a next test drive had no sound at all.The cabin was very sound proof.Unlike my 73 FJ 40.
We hit some twisty's on a side road and she felt solid around the curves,not much lean at all.The tires were not the BFG AT'S ,they were some kind of bridgestone road tire.They will be gone soon for a set of AT'S.
All in all I was very impressed with the quality.The only problem I have now is my wife wants it.That's why I wanted the manual cause she can't drive a manual.
I hope all of yours come in soon so we can grab a cooler of cold ones and head for the woods.That's Right! Cheers!
J.B.:beer:

why wait for everyone else...head for the hills now.

and get pics!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom