Builds The Warthog - 1977/73 combo (2 Viewers)

wngrog

SILVER Star
Added 75% ceramic tint to the Warthog today. This stuff is barely tint and to me, is the only thing I like on old Cruisers. Dark just does not look right to me.

This stuff is pretty cool. I put it in my 80 and 60 since they have AC and it will really help them. Not sure what a big help this will be except when parked since the windows have to be down when it’s warm.

4DA9DCD9-C35E-4A40-B73C-2C29435E07D9.jpeg

7BFA8058-33AE-47D6-BD8A-BD4793FEE3E8.jpeg

PabloCruise

SILVER Star
I got a new speedo cable from @cruiseroutfit and a new speedo from @Pigeaten

I was pretty stoked to possibly get my speedometer and odometer back so I tore into the Warthog with gusto.

speedo was a win. The part was right.

new odometer? Man

I re wires everything. Added the new Speedo. Went to plug in the cable.

Wrong plug.......

I cleaned my old one up as best I could without dissecting the odometer and damn

speedo. No odo.

View attachment 2638769
My odometer was all gummed up. A simple clean and rebuild got her working again. Details in my build thread.

That thing runs a mile through my farm. It’s the only open land we have left.

When it’s raining you can get an electric charge standing under it with a piece of metal.
In just the right weather my buddies & I used to get fluorescent tubes to glow at my dad’s place out in the field, same deal.

I notice when the humidity is higher you feel it. I was doing a survey under a 500kV line a few years back and it was cold so I had work gloves on. Our survey rods are carbon fiber but the fittings are aluminum. There is a small area in the middle of the rod where you have aluminum and not carbon fiber. Well I picked up the rod right at that spot and mf zapped me and put a hole in my glove. There have been a few times I've experienced induction but that one hurt the most.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom