Gonna sell the road queen, could use some help on pricing it (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey Everyone!

I think I’m finally gonna sell the 80 in anticipation of the release of the 250 series. Was hoping to get some feedback on fair pricing given the current market. Scouring recent auction results in similar condition (but sometimes higher mileage) broadly range from $25-$35k. Any thoughts on where she belongs in that range (or beyond/below)?

117,992 on the odo. I’ve had her the last 8 years and put on 23k miles in that time, kept it well-maintained and garage-sheltered. Some typical wear on the steering wheel but aside from that really great condition.

Thanks in advance for the advice. I plan on making an official club listing with all the build details once i nailed down a price target and then list on BaT if there’s no interest. If anyone wants to get a jump on that we can always talk turkey.

guy

IMG_0099.jpeg

IMG_0100.jpeg

IMG_0101.jpeg

IMG_0102.jpeg

IMG_0103.jpeg

Last edited:
Awesome looking rig. I still remember these when they were new and thought they set the bar to which all other LC’s are judged (some will consider that heresy). GLWS

I wish I could afford it, but have a feeling it’s way over my budget. You’re probably going to get the most money for it on BAT.

BaT isn't guaranteed. you have to be approved and it takes a while to go live....months

then reserve or no reserve?

I'd try ebay....not too much to lose

Everyone thinks they have a unicorn now but the market is softening

good callout on Ebay--I honestly kind of forgot that they even existed :lol:

As for the rest, i dont see 'guarantee' or 'unicorn' anywhere in my messy word salad. It's an above-average condition, below-average miles vehicle. That's it. A lot of folks know the truck so I was mainly just looking for affirmation of my ballpark range. And, perhaps, bait someone who does know it into sliding into my dm's 😉

It’s beautiful!

Assume not locked?

Cars and Bids seems to have a good hit rate with cruisers too. Nice truck, definitely above average unicornish truck.

20k cash on pick up?

I'd go with Cars & Bids

I've sold a couple on Ebay and a couple on BaT over the last few years. Ebay is a good place to put it up at your asking price for just a listing cost. BaT gets the premium listings and highest selling prices, but as has been said there is usually a wait based on their schedule and how many similar vehicles are being listed. If they accept your submission they will tell you what they think the reserve should be. Mine have always gone well over the reserve in the last few minutes of bidding. I'd start with BaT and if you don't like what they say go another route.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom