The Official Check in thread of SoCal 80s. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tony
2. Riverside
3. '09 GX470 (it is too a Cruiser!)- ~1.75" front lift (Bilstein 5100/ Toytec springs), rear air bag lift, sliders, FJ wheels with 32" pizza cutters
4. This is my daily driver and family vehicle- open to everything but want to do some expedition and mild wheeling although a newbie at pretty much anything but shooting trails
5. Family of 4 with 2 under 4 and 1 crazy Aussie shep, engineer currently going to business school, like to work on my cars and guns (not much time for either), camping, hiking
3 months ago at the dealer and yesterday after tires:

IMAG3460.jpg

IMAG3619.jpg

1. Tony
2. Riverside
3. '09 GX470 (it is too a Cruiser!)- ~1.75" front lift (Bilstein 5100/ Toytec springs), rear air bag lift, sliders, FJ wheels with 32" pizza cutters
4. This is my daily driver and family vehicle- open to everything but want to do some expedition and mild wheeling although a newbie at pretty much anything but shooting trails
5. Family of 4 with 2 under 4 and 1 crazy Aussie shep, engineer currently going to business school, like to work on my cars and guns (not much time for either), camping, hiking
3 months ago at the dealer and yesterday after tires:

View attachment 1445276

View attachment 1445277
I'm in Corona. Let me know if you ever want to hit some trails or anything. I have an 80

Eric
Laguna Niguel
1994 fzj80
Ome heavy j spring lift
Arb front bumper
Warn xd9000i (8274 in my possesion but have to figure a way to install it)
AOE custom rear bumper with tire carrier gas can and high lift. Single swing out
Conferr rack (looking for ARB at moment)
AUSSIE rear locker with center difflock swithch. Arb front coming.
Ipf 930 super rally lights.
Sony double din stereo with rear camera and whole hog sub in rear.
Custom cup holders.
Installing cb radio currently.
Air tec snorkel
315 ko2s on ion alloy rims
Arb sliders steps

Wow, your 80 is badass! Do you ever go to Rancho SM? I thought I saw a built-up, gold 80 like yours there a few weeks ago.

Cant recall going to RSM. But im all over town. Think someone has one similar to mine. My co-workers have spotted one thinking it was me a few times.

Spencer

Anaheim, CA

1993 FZJ80 285k miles
No mods yet. Just finished getting it running well and reliable.

Hope to do a light build on it for camping trips. Currently saving up for paint and body work.

I've been an X-ray tech for a while now. Been working with pediatrics for the majority of my career. Just switched over to a dedicated orthopedic surgery center.

I'm married with 3 kids. I usually take my son Lukas out with me to go camping. He loves the Land Cruiser!

IMG_5153.JPG

IMG_5121.JPG

IMG_5208.JPG

Not and 80...
Name: Reid
Year, make: 2016 200 LC. No mods yet. Tires & suspension are on the list.
Ride: Family trickster with some light overloading with the fam.
Personal: Homebrewer

1. Mike

2. Santa Ana

3. 1991 HDJ81 VX LTD Auto w/ OEM Camping Kit, Warn M8000, ARB bullbar, PFran LEDs (interior), CVT tent, 3" TJM lift, 315/75R16 Goodyear MTR Tires, snorkel, PIAA Fog Lights, Factory front and rear lockers + locking center diff. Only ~84,000 miles on the engine!

Also have a 1992 FJ80

4. Mostly used for camping. Its my DD half the time, my FJ80 is used for the other half.

5. Hoping to find some others that love these HDJs as much as I do. Im not a mechanic so it'd be great to meet some of y'all that know about these things in depth.

6. VA license plate is from original seller/importer -- IH8MUD member 6840. Now registered and titled in California.

View media item 51015
View media item 51017
View media item 51016
View media item 51018
So this was import d? From where? I'd love to get a rear tire holder like that so I can keep my factory rear bumper. Any ideas on how/where?

Hi My Name is Cole i have a 91 FJ80 Named The Onion Currently stock
Im From Huntington beach and im fairly new to the world of land cruisers (or anything toyota for that matter). i am a profesional mechanic, ASE certified advanced level master Technician. and i come from the world of vintage bmws and i have a straight 6 problem and cant get away from em
IMG_1974.JPG

IMG_1683.jpg

Agreed. Excellent mix of vehicles btw covering the spectrum of fun.

Aloha! My son-in-law usually has the pleasure of driving my 80 around OC, but for much of the Spring I will have it for adventuring. I keep my 80 on the US mainland when I am off in Hawaii (where I live most of the year), but while I am here I like to get some use out of it.

1. Seth
2. Huntington Beach
3. 1994 LC, 320K, OME 3" lift; Warn 12,5 winch; ARB roof rack, front bumper, side armor, rear bumper; MT Baja Claw Directional M/T; recovery equip.; custom axle/diff armor; snorkel; marine horn; next on the list will be an air system with wheel lockers & headers/exhaust
4. Mostly expedition & recovery, but sometimes those can get hardcore
5. I also own an FJ40 & Chevy Colorado...planning for next expedition vehicle a 4x4 Mercedes camper.
6. I only have old pics at the moment.

Toy on a mountain.jpg

1.First name.
Mike
2.Location.
North OC
3.Year, make (LC or LX), and any modifications you have done.
94 LC

Suspension
ARB Js
Fox smooth body
33” tires
Caster drop brackets
Adjustable Panhard rods front and back
DIY QD sway bar and drop mounts
Body
Yakima 1a mounts
Vented hood
ARB winch
Winch
Wilco off road hitch gate solo Two 3 gal rotopax attached
Two rotopax 4 gal stack mounted in old spare location
Battleship gray paint
Black antiglare hood appliqué

Electrical
Dual AGM batteries
Inverter
Sequoia 150 amp alternator

Communications
anytone smart CB radio
Kenwood 2m ham

Engine
Stock
Magnaflow canister style cats
Magnaflow chamber style muffler.

ARB twin compressor.

4.What you like to do with your ride? (i.e. expedition, hard core, family truckster)
I like to work on it, never touched by a mechanic, everything done on my own
Trail rider
Family mover (5 kids)
Adventure ride

5.Any thing personal you would like to add? (family, hobbies, work industry)
hobbies:
Restoring old Toyotas (wrenching is my hobby) pic of 4runner is the latest
Beating up on Raptors and Jeeps
love going on adventures with my sons (4)
coach sons’ football and soccer teams
Community
Very active in autism awareness community (3 of my 5 have severe autism)
Industry: Director of Cybersecurity for a major Golf company

95141B53-F006-4014-87C5-905A1522C99F.jpeg

44A0E01D-D69C-4748-AF24-DE7849F52EB0.jpeg

54D9E8D3-7592-4575-B4EC-49AE11510A5D.jpeg

E7AB6A24-E054-4819-9C7A-DBAEC42DE7FF.jpeg

EDD849A6-AB7D-4844-AA11-3D7526DE6B22.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom