The Luxurious New HJ-60 for 1981

GLTHFJ60

Rum Runnin'
SILVER Star

That's what my interior looked like new. Sweet!

I've never seen those rims before.

Are those Dittos? :grinpimp:

Aren't those the 16" split rims?

I think you can get 'em from SOR

:beer:
You bet they are, or at least that's what it says on the spec sheet!

I bought my first BJ60 in 1982 off of a similar advertising brochure in Canada. The dealer had never sold one to that point and would only bring one in on a pre-sold basis. We were driving a 1972 "Jimmy" from new at the time and our family had started to grow. Wife said "I don't care what you get as long as it is 4WD and I would like 4 doors if possible".

I kept the "Jimmy" for about a year just to be sure I had made the right move.

Here we are 26 years and about a million Kms later. Right move?

That reminds me..................I have a German brochure I think from 83.........it's got the 60 & 40 in it.......................IIRC it's all Diesels too...................

Don't have a friggin' clue of how to post it here.................... :beer:

You can't really tell by the scans but the interior pleather looks to be the grey and the fabric looks like it's the brown. Possible? Or maybe it's just the brochure printing being a little off.

Oh, and what the deuce is an LW/MW/FM radidio? :hillbilly:

I live in Oslo.. the biggest village in Norway
You can't really tell by the scans but the interior pleather looks to be the grey and the fabric looks like it's the brown. Possible? Or maybe it's just the brochure printing being a little off.

It's all brown.. just a glare.

I love these old brochures. Is there more? It seems to end in a strange way "to accomodate individuall " Are there more pages?

I love these old brochures. Is there more? It seems to end in a strange way "to accomodate individuall " Are there more pages?
It appears as if page 4 and 5 might be swapped. "To accommodate individual requirements, the steering column is adjustable for tilt."

Tapage

Club 4X4 Panamá
SILVER Star

unlucky to me was not born before .. and bought one 60 series new !

Rebuilding now

I have a March 1981 Toyota Landcruiser HJ60 I am rebuilding. It was purchased brand new by my parents, whom I acquired (stole) it from about 18 months ago. It was sitting in the shed for 7 years previous, being undriven, and only started about every 3 or 4 months. I love that old truck, so I went to their place for a weekend, gave it a service, put in new battery, fuel, brake and clutch cylinders, took it over the pits and got it registered, drove it home on the monday (350km's). It hasn't skipped a beat since.
Currently I am putting the fj62 twin headlight front, rockcrawler suspension 2"lift, rancho 9000 shockies, and putting in an intercooled turbo 12HT motor.

That cruiser looks quite familliar...I wonder what the lower dash part is for, under the fusebox? Thanks for the scan!

"The carefully-contoured shape of the body with it's raked windscreen is not just for good looks - it helps reduce the fuel bill too." Really...

Last edited:
Top Bottom