Deluxe Seats for the HJ (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
IMG_2661.PNG

I decided to upgrade my seats at last. I know many will cry “heresy” but I settled on front seats from a 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland. Even if Jeeps tend to leave people by the side of the road, they do know how to lure people into driving them. Off Ebay they were around $900. My main goal was to have air cooling, but the seats also are power adjustable, heated and messaging. I was able to find a way to power fans that I will adapt in to replace the originals (I couldn’t get them to work) and I figured out the heating circuits. The adjustment controls were worked right away when I connected power. The lumbar and back messaging are too complicated for me at this point so I am not going to have those functions.

I found that to mount them, I would need to remove the front “dam” that was spot welded to the frame. These seats need all the space down there for the many moving parts. I fabricated the rest of the mounts and got 1 seat in for now. For the heat and fan controls, I plan to have 2 lit switches per seat below the dash where 1 will turn the fan off and on and the other will select different numbers of heat circuits. For the fan speed, I will mount a rheostat low down on the seat itself trying to save space up at the dash.

IMG_2982.JPG

IMG_2983.JPG

IMG_2984.JPG

IMG_2985.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom