The Incredible Case of the Disappearing Recall (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I think it took around 2 hours. I left the invoice on my desk at work but will update when I get it on Monday. I have no idea why it was suddenly ready for my truck... perhaps model year differences?

I think it took around 2 hours. I left the invoice on my desk at work but will update when I get it on Monday. I have no idea why it was suddenly ready for my truck... perhaps model year differences?
I think that's the case. Some early info on this from @Eric Sarjeant indicated there was some variability in the type of work done based on model year.

If there is only one recall, how did RiDE get his fixed when I am repeatedly told there is no parts solution?
That's part of the confusion with this recall. Some get the parts/fix and some don't. Some dealers know what's going on and some don't. My dealer has been clueless on parts and timing since last December, even while some vehicles elsewhere have been fixed. Sill the same recall. There is some variability in exactly what work is done based on model year (I think), but it's all for the same purpose.

Your attitude maybe? That or your dealer is uninformed. Have your called other dealers to see if they could do the recall?

I've called Lexus Customer Service and was told by them that parts were not available. Given this, I don't think the issue is my dealer.

Sac...are you waiting for the recall? Or has yours already been fixed?

I just got the recall done , couple of hours , they said it just happened, and I was only the 2nd one at that dealership, i think the recall came before a solution was found , though it’s strange , just the passenger seat belt .....
image.jpg

Got mine done on Friday, they gave me a RX350 loaner for the day.

I also previously removed the engine covers and the stock skids, they wanted to charge me 2 grand to install new ones and $80 to install a new cabin filter...:rofl:

Last edited:
I've called Lexus Customer Service and was told by them that parts were not available. Given this, I don't think the issue is my dealer.

Sac...are you waiting for the recall? Or has yours already been fixed?
I haven’t even called or checked yet. My airbag light shows up when a passenger is in the seat. If it wasn’t illuminating then it’d be a different story.

I just got the recall done , couple of hours , they said it just happened, and I was only the 2nd one at that dealership, i think the recall came before a solution was found , though it’s strange , just the passenger seat belt .....View attachment 2054807
Thanks for sharing this. I'll call dealer on Monday. I did notice that this shows a different "Recall #" than mine...however this being a Toyota and mine being a Lexus may account for this. They do share the same NHTSA number so it seems as though these are the same recall.

I got my recall letter a few months ago, but it was just a letter, no call to action, said to wait and see.

Still no fix here for the 09 LX.

I got my recall letter a few months ago, but it was just a letter, no call to action, said to wait and see.

Still no fix here for the 09 LX.
Go to drivers.lexus.com and check your vin. I just had my 09 LX fixed.

Got mine done today ('17 LC). Dropped off at 7:15, had keys back in hand at 8:45.

This still seems like an improvement over where we were, i.e., "No Remedy Available".

Or, they don’t trust this work with just any tech. I’m sure if anyone in the building could do it this would happen much more quickly, given the low numbers of cruisers and LXs that need addressed.

Or, they don’t trust this work with just any tech. I’m sure if anyone in the building could do it this would happen much more quickly, given the low numbers of cruisers and LXs that need addressed.
I thought the boottleneck was parts availibility, but your theory is plausible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom