The Holy Grail............. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Texican

s-Moderator
Threads
found me.....in casual conversation, it was mentioned this guy had a really old Land Cruiser.............after work I drove out just a few miles from our farm ..my first to ever see in person......and soon it will be mine.....MMUHAHAHAHAHAH
P4040338.jpg
P4040339.jpg
P4040340.jpg

Yes boys and girls, it's the Holy Grail of Land Cruisers, the legendary FJ25, this is a 1960 model no rust holes at all...........
P4040341.jpg
P4040342.jpg

Last run in 91, clutch quit and the trans/t case are in his garage.............few unique FJ items missing ....16''wheels and the soft top bows
P4040344.jpg
P4040345.jpg

sweet! I was thinking man, that must have sitting for a while, 91 wasn't that long ago..then it occurs to me 91 was 19 years ago :eek:

Butch, very nice find! :cool: If you get a chance, post it up as yours in the "Count the 25's Thread". Only the 121st Holy Grail to date. :p

Butch, very nice find! :cool: If you get a chance, post it up as yours in the "Count the 25's Thread". Only the 121st Holy Grail to date. :p

It ain't mine yet, I was gonna get the VIN but it had green mossy funk on it.........it is a 1960 fo sho able to make that out It said FJ25L on the tag......what is the L?

It has an adapter from the 1 bbl to a later 2bbl Asin and it is canted 45 degrees.........

26946_1289841731065_1380891410_30750366_2318300_n.jpg

Talked to the owner today, he has not been able to reach his brother who is 1/2 owner, tried to get me to throw out an offer..........what is your thinking as to worth?
My thinking is $500 start and max $750, he says they have the trans and t/case however I have not seen it yet.

hopefully they(seller) won't read this thread,,,, with you callin it the "holy grail"!!! The price might jump exponshelly (sp):p

No worries, doubt if he even knows what the internet is.:p:p

Cool find Butch. Congrats.

..........what is your thinking as to worth?
My thinking is $500 start and max $750, he says they have the trans and t/case however I have not seen it yet.

I think that's reasonable, right around what I paid for my first, more complete but much more rotted 25. Tranny and transfer are a plus, if you get them you'll want to keep it original. ;) If you do that, you're not too bad off, besides the regular unobtainium (bows, doors, carb, caps, bumper etc.) you're only missing FJ25 specific items like vacuum wiper motors, rear emblem and wheels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom