The Diet Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Dave, I'm a goal orientated person. So setting a 10 lb goal for Nov., while probably aggressive considering I'm only about 40lbs over weight is doable I think. Also for me, starting now and getting 3 solid weeks of proper diet in before T-day will help me during it to stay away from eating everything in sight. That little voice in the back of my head telling me not to throw away the last three weeks will help me.

And then of course you have Christmas in Dec and if I've been good in Nov that will help me get through Dec.

Maybe not a strategy that will work for you but it has served me well the past couple of years. I got tired of starting my "New Years Resolution" in the hole by about 15 lbs.

absolutely, My goal for November is the same, 10lbs.

Threw out all the junkfood this morning, made a week's menu of healthy meals and snacks with Sara and went grocery shopping. Setting myself up for success.

Tough time of year to keep any lbs off. Start exercising just a little cardio before breakfast on an empty stomach. Sucks getting up early but that's how you lose the most weight. Burns fat quickly and increases your metabolism all day long. Once something's in your stomach your body burns that off first before burning off any fat reserves in your body. Get up a half hour earlier and go for a brisk walk then get addicted to that routine.

We're all pulling for ya! Don't let it get you down.

I was on track at the beginning of the month, down 5 lbs. the first 2 weeks just by cutting out the junkfood and going for a walk at lunchtime most days. Then things at work went to hell (working 12 hour days, all weekend, etc) and I started making bad choices, eating garbage at my desk, etc.

Then turkey day. God I love turkey day. :p

I used to beat myself up about this, but I'm in a better mental place I think. It sucks, but I'll get there eventually. :)

True. It's a marathon, not a sprint.

scale says I lost a half pound, 267.5, doubt it's that accurate. Spent most of the month getting back into a cardio routine so hopefully next month will yield something more solid.

At least my clothes fit a better.

Next weigh in, Dec 26.

268.5 this morning. Considering the crap load of crap I've eaten the last three days I consider myself fortunate.

I wanted to get through the holidays with a little loss. Now to see if I can start shedding some lbs for spring.

Next weigh in 01/30/10

Gaining only 1 lb over the holidays is nothing short of amazing. I gained at least 5 myself

Congratulations Rick! I've been bad this month, haven't weighed yet though I was up about 3 pound mid month.

I really need to make some life changes and get things turned around.

Congratulations Rick! I've been bad this month, haven't weighed yet though I was up about 3 pound mid month.

I really need to make some life changes and get things turned around.

My biggest obstacle is my wife. She buys and eats crap, period! I've gotten to the point were I simply refuse to eat what she's offering sometimes. Once she realized that I didn't care how much that bothered her she's been more responsive to how and what I want to eat.

It can be tough if you are the only one who wants to make these life changing changes. But being healthy is the corner stone for a long and happy life which Jack will appreciate more than you can imagine.

Well, like so many people, I started the diet on Monday... really focused, set a calorie limit based on my old WW goals, using a handy iPhone App to track everything I eat. In just a few days the weight loss on the scale has been fantastic, not atypical for the first week after a holiday of binging.

Will be posting weight every Monday now. Need to be off the BiPap in time for the Moab trip summer '11.

Best of luck Dave! I see so many people go absolutely nowhere on WW. You basically need to completely overhaul your eating habits if you want it to stay off. I've been trying to do that for over 3 years now with decent success. It does get easier with time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom