The definitive, "Found a good deal on CL" thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

5sp 2003+
VVTI 2006+
AHC in a LC 2006+

Interesting VVTI took that long. As I remember when we bought our 2004 4Runner VVTI was on the V6 but not the V8. Would have to dig out the old sales brochure. I know the five speed and 4.7 V8 were in the first year of the 4th generation 4Runner in 02003. Unless I'm mistaken thought our 2004 4Runner had more HP in the 4.7 than our 2000 LC. Maybe it was just that it was lighter or had the five speed.:meh:

Interesting VVTI took that long. As I remember when we bought our 2004 4Runner VVTI was on the V6 but not the V8. Would have to dig out the old sales brochure. I know the five speed and 4.7 V8 were in the first year of the 4th generation 4Runner in 02003. Unless I'm mistaken thought our 2004 4Runner had more HP in the 4.7 than our 2000 LC. Maybe it was just that it was lighter or had the five speed.:meh:

IIRC you are correct in other Toyota/Lexus getting VVTI prior to the LC/LX

I’m not vouching for the “good deal” contained within, but damn.

1983 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40

1983 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40

Thisone has been listed before and believe mentioned here. Without looking at the ad again (waste of time) this cruiser is far from original and looking for someone with deeper pockets then has brains to get caught up in the current 40 series craze.

Run Forest run....

Curious why? Rust, bend frame would scare me off the rest not so much. Would rather deal with the torn down 2F than the 83 in Flagstaff which is a mid V8 change. 4/85+ would be a direct H55F change. Biggest thing holding me back is time and space to work on it.

Curious why? Rust, bend frame would scare me off the rest not so much. Would rather deal with the torn down 2F than the 83 in Flagstaff which is a mid V8 change. 4/85+ would be a direct H55F change. Biggest thing holding me back is time and space to work on it.

Why - Having done a couple V8 conversion 1 in a 60 and 1 in a 40 its not cheap to do it right on a vehicle when nothing else is need, not the case with the 83. Did you miss the interior? The 85 is a POS and will never be nice unless you have stupid money and a ton of time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom