The definitive, "Found a good deal on CL" thread (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Drove around Tucson today and spotted this 40 at an auto-shop. One owner since 1970, with 78k on the ticker and the motor was recently rebuilt 5 years ago. Tires are rotted, and the it was rolled a few times. Owner is dead, and the shop owner is selling for the widow. Supposedly. $5800 View attachment 1679308View attachment 1679309 View attachment 1679310View attachment 1679311

Bought my one owner 1970 that was in Safford back in 2011. Cost me more but a little less work than this one. Wasn't too many years ago this one would be headed to the wrecking yard. Hopefully someone will save this one. I've fostered too many myself over the years.

How to Jeep-i-fy a 40! ????? :crybaby::censor::poop:
1973 Toyota Land Cruiser FI40
Strip the badging and marker lights, loads of diamond plate, neon color polar opposite of factory, super gay fender flares, trucker supply store brake lights/turn signals, "custom" tailgate, "classic" Recaro seats, minimalist roll cage, 80's 350 air cleaner, rectangle telescoping mirrors, nerf bars . . . . . . . .at least the bezel is on the right way!

I think it's a complete loss, the insurance company should total it! Yikes.

Strip the badging and marker lights, loads of diamond plate, neon color polar opposite of factory, super gay fender flares, trucker supply store brake lights/turn signals, "custom" tailgate, "classic" Recaro seats, minimalist roll cage, 80's 350 air cleaner, rectangle telescoping mirrors, nerf bars . . . . . . . .at least the bezel is on the right way!

But it's a "solid base for a sick trail rig". At least it has the right winch.

sounds like you can get these wheels for a song?

Toyota Wheels Lexus Great shape. LX / Land Cruiser Wheels. Tires=Eh

Have four (4) wheels in good shape. Ended up buying new ones for the truck. Came off a 2000 Lexus LX 470, basically the same as a Toyota Land Cruiser. The tires are no good, other than one, but the wheels are just fine. I have two Lexus end caps. 245/75/16 's. Anybody willing to come get them this week before Friday, I'll pretty much take any price. Just off the 101 at Raintree / Bell. Email Me and I'll call ya back: YourMercutioATGmail.com Cliff. 16 inch Truck Wheels. 16" Tacoma, 4Runner, Five (5) lug, Scottsdale, North Phoenix. Toyota Wheels Lexus Great shape. LX / Land Cruiser Wheels. Tires=Eh

00b0b_hQXGlWU1KLR_600x450.jpg

Probably another great deal with some back and forth...

2004 Land Cruiser Wheels

I have a set of four wheels with lugs and center caps for an 04 100 Series LC. They are plastidipped gunmetal gray, a little dirt but in great shape. Open to almost any trades.

Jim

Probably another great deal with some back and forth...

2004 Land Cruiser Wheels

I have a set of four wheels with lugs and center caps for an 04 100 Series LC. They are plastidipped gunmetal gray, a little dirt but in great shape. Open to almost any trades.

Jim

I'm picking these up today...

Just saw this sweet rig, thought
someone here might be interested. Hard to tell in the pictures, but is this one of the micro vans?

1991 mitsubishi Delica star wagon 4x4 Diesel van
https://mohave.craigslist.org/cto/d/1991-mitsubishi-delica-star/6584355113.html
1991 Delica 4WD 2.5 turbo Diesel it comes equipped with AC, power door locks, tilt wheel ,front power disc breaks, locking front hubs , new ball joints , new belts , air bag suspension rancho shocks, solar panel with house battery 110 volt inverter ...

1965 Toyota Land Cruiser fj45 pickup

Not a bad price. Anyone wanting a 45 for their collection

Thought you were wanting a 45 for the collection?

To me a little to much marketing here. He states only around fifty on the mud list and claims only 65/66. Read the thread in the 45 section on the LWB list and says trucks imported 64-67.:hmm: Those produced during 64 we're considered 65 models but 67 models were imported. Because he brought up the mud list he knows 67s are here. This why I would make a awful salesman, have to be honest. It also explains why I do much better buying cruisers then selling.

Last edited:

For a moment there I thought you were describing mine, lol :cheers:

Wasn't too many years ago it would be over priced. Not sure I believe the original paint. Those mirrors tell me the top has probably been off a few times. Original mirrors would be mounted to upper door hinge. The bottom left corner of the top in the back doesn't look right like there is rust. Maybe from sitting on the ground for a long period. Bottom right corner below the tire carrier hinge is rusted. LED rear tail lights. Not sure the OEM flasher would work. Under the hood paint looks very well worn compared to the exterior. Cruiser very well worth the price today. I remember the opinion of my 70 FJ40 was $10K tops. No one bought it from the WWII vet I was trying to help sell if for so I did. Two years old with single circuit none boosted brakes but heavier metal. It was in much better shape.

Wasn't too many years ago it would be over priced. Not sure I believe the original paint. Those mirrors tell me the top has probably been off a few times. Original mirrors would be mounted to upper door hinge. The bottom left corner of the top in the back doesn't look right like there is rust. Maybe from sitting on the ground for a long period. Bottom right corner below the tire carrier hinge is rusted. LED rear tail lights. Not sure the OEM flasher would work. Under the hood paint looks very well worn compared to the exterior. Cruiser very well worth the price today. I remember the opinion of my 70 FJ40 was $10K tops. No one bought it from the WWII vet I was trying to help sell if for so I did. Two years old with single circuit none boosted brakes but heavier metal. It was in much better shape.

Some LED's must be a plug and go. When I built my rear bumper, I had no issues and never have touched the flasher.

Nice to see some unmolested 40's are still out there. Eons ago, it was cool to cut the fenders, add nerf bars, diamond plate, and "Bling" 'em out.
I fell into that hole and have regrets, but for what I use it for, it is the perfect tool to get me there and back.
Maybe one of the kids will be interested in taking it back to it's original state when they take my keys away;)

Last edited:
first of all: different bezel in the first and last pictures - last picture shown bezel upside down :rolleyes:

what's with all the holes in the driver door ?

dash pad is missing entirely

also, '72 didn't have the shifter on the floor but 3-on-the-tree - so there was some prior modification

first of all: different bezel in the first and last pictures - last picture shown bezel upside down :rolleyes:

what's with all the holes in the driver door ?

dash pad is missing entirely

also, '72 didn't have the shifter on the floor but 3-on-the-tree - so there was some prior modification

72 seems to be a mixed year as far a column verses floor shift. Floor shift was always a option and standard in some markets like Australia. In my collection of parts I have a transmission hump with the correct opening for the transmission and transfer case shifters that fits this year. I do agree this is not as honest of a cruiser as it is made out to be.

Interesting project, wish I didn't already have too many
1923 T bucket

Need to come talk to a neighbor of mine. He has one finished. Not for sale but he really takes it out and only drives around the neighborhood. Can tell when even it comes out, he is running long straight pipes and even though he is not next door can tell even in the closed house when pulls it out of the backyard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom