The Daily Chat Thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What I feel like drinking changes daily almost. As of late I've been trying and enjoying saisons. My favorite in this group is Ommegangs glimmerglaze. It's a seasonal beer and I'd recommend it to anyone.

My daughter is an avid beer drinker and she's quite partial to sours. That stuff is right next to IPAs as far as I'm concerned.

20150515_085521.jpg

Erosion controll!!
Compacting fresh dirt in back yard after this morning rain.
image.jpg

Quick testament and thanks to the members of Yankee Toys and the IH8MUD forum in general!

A few weeks ago I took a shot in the dark hoping to score some of your local craft beer called Heady Topper from Alchemist brewing. Probably no big deal to you lucky blokes in Vermont, but a California beer geek like me has been trying for literally 10 years to just get a sip! There isn't a liquor store or pub from San Diego to San Francisco that can source a single can...not even a drop. I have to give thanks to @40Flipper for giving it a whirl a couple times but the local watering holes were dry.

Another one of your members who must be somewhat legendary in those parts @albee sent me a PM saying he'd be happy to help. The guy went out of his way for weeks and finally hit pay dirt! Without hesitation he shipped me a package from Vermont to California and it landed on my doorstep when I returned from work today!!!!

A curious laundry detergent container filled to the max with sawdust...
2015-05-20%2014.56.08_zpsdeqjqect.jpg

Like a paleontologist unearthing the fossil remains of a brachiosaurus from the La Brea Tar Pits, I whisked away the top layer only to find an additional Vermont treasure!
2015-05-20%2014.58.08_zpshcovnylm.jpg

With the anticipation of a kid on Christmas morning I dumped the sawdust and found the very elusive elixir that you're all so familiar with...

2015-05-20%2015.00.22_zps4itbiy5h.jpg

8 cans of the Heady capped with a jug of Vermont maple...

2015-05-20%2015.06.10_zpstwzyifti.jpg

If you know @albee I'm sure you know a very generous man who's nature it is to go out of his way for others. The Mud community (especially you Yankees) are a unique and courteous breed! I'll stop taking up all the thread space now and just say thanks from California!!!! :cheers:

Thanks!!!
Eric :beer:

Very cool. Always nice to know there are good ppl. In the world . Hope you liked it!!!????

Very cool. Always nice to know there are good ppl. In the world . Hope you liked it!!!????

Agreed. And if you don't like it, please return it to New England :)

F&F bridge all busted up. Bob's not too pleased.

11222304_997371576942398_2169399300582529129_n.jpg
11233500_997371523609070_3351164663572967987_n.jpg

I saw Liza's post on FB, no doubt very costly (time & money) to maintain bridges at F&F. But I have to comment, many bridges I have seen at F&F have not been executed with a lot structural design standards. The above is fine for sleds but not 5,000lb trucks, those planks are way too cantilevered for vehicles. If F&F has interest, I would be happy to help, with other club members, with the design and build of a replacement bridge that will withstand the load and traffic that F&F trails see.

Bob and Liza know first hand the trucks that are going to use those bridges. They need to be designed and built properly if they are going to expect them to last. Or designate weight limits on the trails with bridges.

This Heady Topper thing cracks me up- here's what I just "smuggled" out of VT for the FJNE meet in PA! What's curious is that most people preferred the Lawson's, locally made and known here as grapefruit juice, LOL If interested I can tell you where and when to score a case of either brew. Cheers!

image.jpg

sip of sunshine is very good

Check this one out guys! Bilstein 6112
Put these bad boys two weeks ago with 1.5'' spacers in rear, love them!
Been test them in Maine Northern Woods last weekend 45-55Mph they are smooth!!

Ready3Mb-2.jpg
Ready3Mb-3.jpg
Ready3Mb.jpg

Be careful, it's an addiction, you'll be looking like this soon,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom