Builds The Cummins-Powered 80 Series - Diesel Land-Crusher Build Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I am too looking at different options. Cummins motor/Dodge 47re/BlackBox-C/split case. Eliminates the weak link, Toyota auto.

@Wheelingnoob , sounds like it's time for me to cut my losses. Any suggestions on a better way to get in touch with him? I've tried calling, e-mailing...I'd like to cut my losses and go a different direction, but I hate the idea of being "out' $5k. I'm working with paypal as we speak...

@Wheelingnoob , sounds like it's time for me to cut my losses. Any suggestions on a better way to get in touch with him? I've tried calling, e-mailing...I'd like to cut my losses and go a different direction, but I hate the idea of being "out' $5k. I'm working with paypal as we speak...
A face to face. It seems people that are with in driving distance get parts much faster.

I would not walk away from 5k ever. In the past he has been very slow but eventually comes through.

This swap is still totally doable with out his parts it's just not bolt in no fab. Get a nv4500 that bolts to the engine and a AA adapter from trans to Toyota split case. Then it's just a mater of making engine mounts and bolting it in. From there these are easy. Wiring harness is a pice of cake.

It all comes down to your abilities and how complicated you want to make the swap.

@Wheelingnoob I'm defiantly leaning towards the NV4500 option. It seems like it should be pretty easy to track down a NV4500 that'll play nice with my cummins, either from a junk yard or a brand new one.

What's a good resource for figuring out more about the split case transfer cases? Are there specific make and model years that are more desirable?

I'm not a lot of help on the split case information. I know you want the later one I thing it's 85-91 from the fj60/62. Beyond that I'm not a lot of help.

NV4500 are easy to find I have two from a total of 3 weeks looking on Craigslist. Just make sure you get one that was in a Dodge Ram with the Cummins.

I was very surprised when I stopped in. I got the NV4500 to HF2A adapter but the other parts he said where in stock via e-mail actually miraculously sold out in the one day it took me to get there. I changed plans and am going a different route that eliminates the need for any more of his products.

This adapter is likely my planned route for my future cummins swap. I then only need to really get one part from Dustin. The rest I can handle on my own. When you say you are changing your route does that mean you no longer need this adapter or that you changed your route so you ONLY need this adapter?

This adapter is likely my planned route for my future cummins swap. I then only need to really get one part from Dustin. The rest I can handle on my own. When you say you are changing your route does that mean you no longer need this adapter or that you changed your route so you ONLY need this adapter?
So I only need this adapter. To do this swap it's not even needed you can get the split case adapter and be totally free of his products. I'm using it because I have it.

So I only need this adapter. To do this swap it's not even needed you can get the split case adapter and be totally free of his products. I'm using it because I have it.

Yeah I understand that but really wanted to stick with the current case. I've always wanted to go NV4500 and was thus pretty excited when I read a while back about you getting this adapter.

Airfare and a rental car for a day can be had pretty cheap compared to what some people have invested in parts with Dustin. How much are you willing to pay to pick up 5K? If it was me I would be on a plane to pick up parts. Or at least mention that you are planning a trip to pick everything to see if he will call you back after that message.

Airfare and a rental car for a day can be had pretty cheap compared to what some people have invested in parts with Dustin. How much are you willing to pay to pick up 5K? If it was me I would be on a plane to pick up parts. Or at least mention that you are planning a trip to pick everything to see if he will call you back after that message.

Plus while the amount varies from state to state, theft of $5000 is definitely in the territory of a felony.

Well I've gone through all the channels with Paypal and it's in the process of them handling it. Hopefully they'll be able to handle it since the transaction was handled through them.

I'd much rather just get my parts, but at this point, I'd settle for my money.

Well, I think I've made a judgement call...I'm thinking I'm going to fight tooth-and-nail to get my money back. Once that's squared away, I'll probably sell the Engine I bought. It's 6BT from a 1996 Dodge Ram 3500. Once I get my moment back from the swap, I'll post that the engine is for sale on here, in case anyone needs a 6BT. It's got ~200K miles on it, runs great and has no cylinder blow by. The only reason the guy parted it out was because the body was junk and the truck was worth more as parts than all together. So drop me a line if you want the engine.

Well I'll be damned. As soon as I posted that last message, I got a note from from UPS stating that DIESEL ADAPTERS is sending me a big package.

Well I'll be damned. As soon as I posted that last message, I got a note from from UPS stating that DIESEL ADAPTERS is sending me a big package.

I'm betting he keeps his eye on any cummins swap threads on here. Hopefully the package actually ships and he didn't just enter the shipping info into the computer to prompts that email.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom