The Coleman Thread (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Picked up another Coleman 200A Christmas lantern. 9-51 build date

7C64A3DE-02A8-4FC7-8EE4-BC8D9BA708B8.jpeg

9-28 build date Coleman slant with mica chimney

691E3B8B-6879-41AE-9F76-516A51C303E2.jpeg

2BBE20FC-3A08-43BE-B2B0-9C5A9DD73779.jpeg

6F6F59C4-82F3-40AD-A494-EB07CCF4B05F.jpeg

This s*** is really getting out of hand.....

D172FFF6-9B51-4F9A-9593-0D1E395BDD44.jpeg

^^^Addictions and fetishes come in many forms. Who would of thought camping gear and white gas would be one of them???

CA - Coleman Anonymous!

^^^Addictions and fetishes come in many forms. Who would of thought camping gear and white gas would be one of them???

CA - Coleman Anonymous!

Couldn’t have said it better myself!!

My name is Eric and I have a problem.

IMG_20191009_120319173_HDR.jpg

IMG_20191009_120329375_HDR.jpg

I don't normally look at "lots" of green lanterns. But this was 10 minutes away. The two 237's caught my eye. Good chrome, original rising sun glass, good vents. The 3 nickel 228s, Mil-Spec (my first), Sears (my first), Turd (my first) are bonus. I can't believe the amount of rising sun and red letter glass in there as well.

Now where to put them all.

My name is Eric and I have a problem.

View attachment 2103053

View attachment 2103054

I don't normally look at "lots" of green lanterns. But this was 10 minutes away. The two 237's caught my eye. Good chrome, original rising sun glass, good vents. The 3 nickel 228s, Mil-Spec (my first), Sears (my first), Turd (my first) are bonus. I can't believe the amount of rising sun and red letter glass in there as well.

Now where to put them all.
If you need to “enable” anyone with some of those...ahem...for the sake of saving space and all...I’m sure you could find support here!
Nice score!

looking for you guys' expertise here. picked up cheap this weekend a Coleman LP gas lantern from 1971 it looks like this one.
Image result for coleman lp gas lantern 5120
I have some of these cannisters are they the right ones? I have them for my 1960s-era Coleman picnic stoves.
Image result for coleman lp gas lantern 5120
But my questions are: are you guys sure this is the right fuel to use? is there a conversion kit to use primus fuel? and most importantly, what's the right mantle to use for this model of lantern? thanks in advance.

Do any of these look interesting to you guys? Pics are awful naturally. But I see some interesting colors and they are cheap. I think I'll check them out.

In my book anything nickel is worth that unless it's absolutely hammered. I think the nickel with red hats might be Canadian? The blue one looks like a run of the mill 220 that's been painted. Looks like a Chinese Petromax clone in there. Fun to play with - kerosene. The squat red one might be an AGM. The nickel big hat looks interesting. I think I see a thread in pump which makes it pretty old. (Edit - winged fuel cap??? If so I'd snag it.)

Interesting stuff there.

For $25 each I'd buy them all unless too rusty or damaged... You've got a Petromax in there, too (chrome, nickel, red knob, red hat)

I went to check out that facebook listing yesterday. Any of these look interesting to you guys?

pjCcdLE.jpg

FvECpdl.jpg

Kamplite LRL 2

BB6TEBd.jpg

iIMZsp1.jpg

AGM 2572

iZmyci3.jpg

ODAFjf1.jpg

Optimus 200 P

These two Colemans looked interesting in the original ad. But in person they look like their hats have been repainted and there was maybe some holes patched on the founts? Idk what model they are. Neither had any visible markings on the frame rest, only on the underside of the founts.

nIoPmjf.jpg

45WbrwG.jpg

GyzH8Gn.jpg

RniyFtZ.jpg

6aFesNX.jpg

Last edited:
And here is what I came home with for $70:

xtaMuBn.jpg

0aFffWl.jpg

VnWUkOq.jpg

1uRAjrI.jpg

L22X? I guess this is a mica globe? It's flexible. Don't see a model anywhere on it. Has the hat been repainted?

pYnSW2i.jpg

275A in original box. Seller said it was unfired and it appeared so when we met. Then I got home and looked on the underside of the hat and there was some soot. It's still in excellent condition with new mantles though. I know these aren't very collectible, but I've always thought they looked cool and I couldn't pass this one up.

og4c6Fa.jpg

xctfobG.jpg

4nlRunA.jpg

MFq74Aq.jpg

242C in "original box" (box had 200A printed on it). Seller said it was unfired. Mantle is gone, but there is no soot anywhere on it. Some paint is chipped on the hat but it looks like it's in excellent condition as well. I knew it was coming home with me as soon as I pulled it out of the ratty box.

How did I do?

I like the ovens and have used them significantly. Lasagne, cookies, all work great in the camp oven. But since most things bake 45 minutes or so, they do use up a lot of fuel. Normally a full tank of CF will last me close to a week. Add a lasagne dinner and it takes 2 tanks to make a week! Just be aware and plan accordingly. They work better that you think. Just don't think the thermometer is a thermometer. According to Coleman it is a "heat indicator" and it's numbers are not close to anything real.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom