Thanksgiving Day Parade - Fountain Hills. Let's Represent! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
SEE END OF THREAD FOR CURRENT INFO ON THIS YEAR'S EVENT

OLD INFO HERE:
2019 INFO:
Checking to see if there is any interest in joining me for the Thanksgiving day parade in Fountain Hills. Every year I sit with my kids and watch a large group of Land Rovers go by. It ruins my day. :frown: Please help me make this a better day for everyone and join me in the parade. I plan on driving my LC Pickup I just got and will most likely round up a couple of drivers for my 40 and 80. So......who else can make it? It starts at 9:00 am. We can meet up early for coffee and you will be rolling down the road by 10:30 at the latest. I appreciate the feedback either way! Gobble, gobble, gobble...

UPDATE 10-30-19:
Here's the list to date:

14 rigs are "in":

Arizona Jeff: fj40, fzj75 pickup, fzj80
Yosef (new to Mud, Fountain Hills resident): restored FJ45 pickup
@msahr - Tacoma, 4Runner
Paul - (Fountain Hills) - 2008 FJ Cruiser.
Brian (Fountain Hills) - 97 4Runner
Wes (Fountian Hills) - 2014 Toyota ?
@Rudster - fzj80
@FJ40|RUNNER - 75 series wagon, fj40
@DSRTRDR - FJ40 and LX450?

Eric (Fountain Hills resident): 95 4Runner - OUT

That's a few... Who else?

Last edited:
That’s a wonderful idea. Unfortunately I can’t make it but looking forward to pics.

Second Attempt...Any interest out there?
605A4624-769E-4122-A0D7-3E2B8962F336.jpeg

Last edited:
Sure, I'm in!

I'll drive my 4Runner and I can get someone to drive my Tacoma. So that's 5 vehicles right there...

Agreed, come on people, are we gonna let the Land Rovers have all the fun?

I will consider meeting up but have not yet finalized my Thanksgiving agenda

I ran into a guy today (Paul) with an FJ Cruiser (yellow) here in FH, he uses it off-road and I mentioned the club and the parade, he wants to participate, too. So that's one more...

updated the list above....who else? @msahr can you reach out to the FJ Cruiser guy or send me his contact info?

Parade info below. I'm paying the entry fee ($20) for our group. It says not to throw candy from vehicles - everybody does. It's a great parade so if you need an excuse to get away from your in-laws...just sayin! :bounce:

For the last 36 years, Fountain Hills has been the site of an annual Thanksgiving Day Parade. Once again, the Chamber of Commerce will be hosting the Thanksgiving Day Parade on November 28 from 9 am - 11 am.

The Thanksgiving Day Parade has become a local hometown favorite that draws spectators from across the state who want to ring in Turkey Day with a classic parade. The event starts right at 9:00 am and lasts approximately one hour. Tons of local business participate, as well as Veteran groups, classic car clubs, service organizations, and many more. With a few dozen floats, marching bands, animal groups, dance routines, motorcycle shows and more, this is the place to be Thanksgiving morning!

Don't forget - Santa Claus himself arrives in Fountain Hills for the first time this holiday season at the Thanksgiving Day Parade! He is the event's finale, so make sure to stick around at the end to give Santa a wave!

Why Participate in the 2019 Parade?
The Thanksgiving Day Parade is not only a wonderful way to kick off the 2019 Holiday Season, but it is the perfect way to market your business or organization! Get your business out in front of thousands of spectators by participating in this fun event. Pass out candy or fun goodies for the crowd to take home, or do something memorable for attendees to remember you by. Participating in this hometown tradition is a great way to support Fountain Hills and the community.

2019 Theme: "Once Upon a Time: Favorite Holiday Stories"
Bring your favorite holiday story to life at the 2019 Thanksgiving Day Parade! From fairy tales and fables, to classics and new favorites, pick your favorite story and use it as inspiration to decorate your parade entry. Don't forget - judges pick their favorites to win awards!

Sponsorship Information:
There are three different opportunities for sponsorship at the 2019 Thanksgiving Day Parade. If you would like to learn more about sponsorship options, please email Betsy LaVoie at betsy@fountainhihllschamber.com!

Important Dates:
- All Registrations are due Friday, October 18th.
- All announcer scripts must be emailed to paige@fountainhillschamber.com by Friday, November 22.
- All entries must send one representative to an info meeting. The info meetings are scheduled for:
- Tuesday, November 19th at 9:00 AM at the FH Chamber (16837 E. Palisades Blvd.)
- Saturday, November 23rd at 10:00 AM at the FH Chamber (16837 E. Palisades Blvd.)
- Tuesday, November 26th at 5:00 PM at the FH Chamber (16837 E. Palisades Blvd.)

Rules/Regulations:
1. All entries will be subject to the approval of the Parade Committee. Any entry that does not conform to these rules and regulations will be eliminated from consideration. All decisions of the Parade Committee are final. Entry fees submitted by an entry that is not approved will be refunded.
2. Your Parade position and final details will be sent by November 6th. Numbers, that are to be prominently displayed on your entry, will be issued at the information meeting your entry's representative attends. If your entry is a group, please be certain that all members of the group have their position number and all the necessary details prior to parade day.
3. The Parade pace is 120 steps per minute, please pay attention to the unit ahead of you so that gaps and lags are not created.
4. Any entry that does not comply with the rules and regulations as set by the parade Committee will not be allowed to participate in the Parade.
5. Children under the age of six years will not be permitted to ride on a parade entry unless accompanied by an adult.
6. Local ordinances do not permit the discharge of firearms within the boundaries of Fountain Hills. ALL GUNS DISPLAYED BY PARADE ENTRIES MUST BE EMPTY!
7. LOCAL SAFETY REGULATIONS DO NOT PERMIT THE THROWING OF ITEMS FROM MOVING ENTRIES. CANDY OR OTHER ITEMS MAY BE DISTRIBUTED BY PARADE WALKERS ONLY AT CURBSIDE ALONG THE PARADE ROUTE. SPECTATORS ARE CONFINED TO THE CURBSIDE OR MEDIAN.
8. Cancellations (for any reason) need to notify Paige Lorentzen at the Chamber of Commerce at 480-837-1654 ext 232. Your cooperation is appreciated.
9. Judging of ALL entries will be conducted during the Parade. Judges are located at the intersection of Avenue of the Fountains & Saguaro Blvd.
10. NO ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES ARE PERMITTED!
11. Entrants should arrive at the registration area by 7:00 AM to locate positions.
12. All entries MUST be accompanied by a 50 words or less Announcer’s Script that will be read on the Public Address System during the Parade. These announcer scripts are to be sent to paige@fountainhillschamber.com by November 22nd.

13. No Excessive Stopping/Performing for judges on parade route. When you take a 1 minute stop to perform for judges, it haults all of the entries behind you and creates a huge gap in the parade. If you want to stop for the judges, please keep it to 15 seconds maximum.
For questions, please call Paige Lorentzen at 480-837-1654 ext 232!

Jeff,

I'll reach out to the FJ Cruiser guy and text you with his info.

OK people now's the time to step up. This should be a lot of fun!

Looking like I'm in @Arizona Jeff , I should have my troopy and 40 (pending dad or GF at the wheel) to partake in the fun! Any actions needed on my end?

No action needed. I'll report as we get closer. They will have us line up near the fountain. I'll send out instructions.

What time and do you want to meet prior...breakfast?

They want us to start lining up at 7:00 am. Thinking we can line up and then all hop in a rig or two and grab breakfast. There's a Denny's, McD's, or a breakfast burrito place nearby. I'm up for whatever works.

If we get breakfast I vote for Sunbaked Sweet Treats across from the car wash. Awesome food best biscuits and gravy anywhere. We can walk there. It's on Parkview.

As of now I am in for this.

List updated above. 12 rigs are in. That's a good showing for the first year. Good job fellas I will send out more info when I hear from the Town.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom