Thanks to a great club (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

JohnVee

SILVER Star
Threads
I'd like to point out another example of why ONSC means so much to so many of us. Short version...

One of my employees was driving back to CLT from RAL this morning while I sat in the control tower (living room couch, in underwear, with computer/phone/ipad). He had a diesel-specific vehicle problem that forced him to the side of the highway in Greensboro. AAA decided to deny us service due to GVWR unless we paid a $$$$ amount.

Enter some of our fine folks, all of whom I called out of the blue while some of you were still enjoying your nightly slumber. They quickly had a network of phone calls going looking for a way to help my guy get his van back on the road to CLT. And it wasn't just regular business phone numbers they were calling - they were also calling the private numbers of the people who matter...on a Saturday. I was also getting links to diesel forums sent to me with info that calmed me down and helped me better assess the situation from afar.
I'll again point out that this was NOT a Land Cruiser issue, and it WAS a diesel engine issue. Nobody involved actually has a diesel vehicle - okay, Al does, but it's a German car built in Mexico - but they quickly deployed and used their knowledge to find an answer to my problem.

In about an hours time, the situation was handled and my guy was waiting on a service tech to reach him for assistance. He made it home safely in an operating vehicle instead of on the back of a $$/mile rollback.

Well done, lady and gentlemen. Thank you for your help.

@lt1fire @erymer (and Stacey) @jfz80 @fj40z

No need for the thanks, just something any of our club members would have done for any other one.

I actually have 2 diesels now, the mexican/german alliance and a very large blue detroit made one. If I hadn't been mid tear down in prep for new parts today and at work I would have used it to go tow your ailing van back down here.

Maybe you should tell Brent it is trashed beyond repair and now you can start your sportsmobile project :smokin:

Just make sure to change the fuel filter, fill the bowl up diesel and run lots of diesel kleen or diesel purge if you can find it to make that pump happy after being hit with gas. :cheers:

Sorry I was of no use to you JohnVee. Was at the lake when I finally got your message. Still glad you called and pleased all worked out.

Rice

Happy to help man. I know if the roles were reversed I would get the same help.

John, as you know this is what we do. But usually we charge a fee and get a GOP (guarantee of payment) over the phone. Hmm, I should have asked for your CC number. :) J/K This club is family and we'll do anything to help out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom