th350 output shaft question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Okay, I have a 4wd th350 with the short output shaft, to eventually be connected to a 3 spd LC tranny. I just got a line on a newer, rebuilt th350 with a longer shaft. Is it pretty easy to just swap the shorter shaft onto the rebuilt tranny? From what I understand, its only the output length that is different?

Thanks!

Hey Dave,
When I built my rig, I used an adapter that was screwed up. Bought an AA adapter. The first adapter used long shaft, second adapter used short. On the bench I think it took me about an hour. Involved tools I borrowed from a tranny guy. I had rebuilt the trans so I was familiar with the process.

Mad Chemist said:
Okay, I have a 4wd th350 with the short output shaft, to eventually be connected to a 3 spd LC tranny. I just got a line on a newer, rebuilt th350 with a longer shaft. Is it pretty easy to just swap the shorter shaft onto the rebuilt tranny? From what I understand, its only the output length that is different?

Thanks!

To swap shafts the transmission needs to come apart. The length of the tail shaft and the tail housing are the only major difference between the 2.

Thanks for the input guys!

Cheers,

David

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom