Builds Tex's 2019 GX460 build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I've sworn off black vehicles for the last 3-4 years

LOL I tried doing that and what did I do? Bought a black GX460!

Jokes on me because I’ll be raptor lining it OD Green next year (hopefully).

Man, you change cars more than I change underwear... Glad to see you back in a GX!

LOL! You must have some really dirty underwear then sir haha. All jokes aside, I do have a well patterned habit when it comes to autos.

As to the color selection, the market research is dialed in, and the accountants have weighed in and drawn the line. Sometimes WE are the outliers...
I never could draw within the lines...

Well there's officially a GX460 back in our garage. Earlier today we picked up a new 2022 GX460 Premium in Caviar (black interior) with a few options. I took it straight from the dealer to Discount Tire and had them throw on a set of BFG KO2's in the 275/65/18 size (32.1x10.8x18) on the way home. I am happy to report no rubbing after the swap.

This will be my wife's around town daily, grocery getter, week day ride. We are anxiously awaiting the GX550 and this one will hold us over nicely until those are readily available in another 18-24 months if not longer. Part of me hopes it gets to stick around for the long haul as a third vehicle as I really like the idea of having one of the last mid-size 4WD SUV's with a V8.

Dp3zPtr.jpg

Time to sell the 200 and buy another 200 then amirite?

These catch my eye all the time, love the new grills and the nori green color!

Time to sell the 200 and buy another 200 then amirite?

These catch my eye all the time, love the new grills and the nori green color!

LOL!!!

My wife said she loved our previous 460.....until I started modding it. That's why this one is going to be left stock. And at the end of the day we are both happy to have a newer model with the updates so I can't be too mad about it. It's going to make for a great daily.

Sometimes you find yourself coming full circle with these things, this is after all, my third 460. Nori Green and Nightfall Mica (blue) are my two favorites but this Caviar is growing on me, it isn't your traditional black.

My wife actually loves our built GX. Not sure if it's the looks or capability that she's in love with. Either way I'm just glad there's never been contention with me building it.
The only thing that would have made her unhappy with all the mods, is if the ride and comfort quality suffered, then I'd probably be getting an ear full.

Well I’m building the Cruiser regardless. She knows it and is ok with it (or so she says lol) so there’s that lol.

Well there's officially a GX460 back in our garage. Earlier today we picked up a new 2022 GX460 Premium in Caviar (black interior) with a few options. I took it straight from the dealer to Discount Tire and had them throw on a set of BFG KO2's in the 275/65/18 size (32.1x10.8x18) on the way home. I am happy to report no rubbing after the swap.

This will be my wife's around town daily, grocery getter, week day ride. We are anxiously awaiting the GX550 and this one will hold us over nicely until those are readily available in another 18-24 months if not longer. Part of me hopes it gets to stick around for the long haul as a third vehicle as I really like the idea of having one of the last mid-size 4WD SUV's with a V8.

Dp3zPtr.jpg
Man, that caviar just hits different. How is it compared to traditional black in terms of cleaning and visibility of things like dirt, dust, swirls and light scratches?

Man, that caviar just hits different. How is it compared to traditional black in terms of cleaning and visibility of things like dirt, dust, swirls and light scratches?

I don't know to be honest, we've only had it for a few months and it doesn't even have 800 miles on it yet haha. Which btw is extremely rare for my driving habits. It's safe to assume that it'll be just as hot and show dirt and scratches just as bad as most black paints. I think it might show swirls less due to the immense amount of metallic in the paint, but that's just an assumption. I am very happy with the color and I fully accept that there will be maintenance associated with owning it.

Last edited:
Reactions: r2m

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom