Techstream issues (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I purchased this cable and Techstream software from Amazon:

Amazon product ASIN B00W97K7O6
I followed all of the instructions, got techstream to operate, but it will not connect to the vehicle. I messed with the drivers for the cable trying to see if that would solve the issue per the posts I had seen elsewhere about this product. Still no luck.

Have any of you got any advice? I really want to see what the pressures are on my AHC system so I can begin to repair it. Thanks!

Nevermind. I finally got it to work. Looks like my old anti virus software was shutting down the driver installation.

SO I can get some information. Everyone I try to get the data list for the AHC system the program crashes. Anybody had any experience with this?

Does anyone know of any other alternatives for getting the pressure readings on your AHC system for a 1998 LX470 other than TechStream? I cannot seem to get this to work on my old XP laptop and am tired of trying. iCarsoft's products do not support a vehicle this old. Is there something else that can be used?

This device touts that it will work with '96 or newer, but I cannot tell if it will do AHC pressure readings. Does anyone have any experience with this device?

This forum has been great at helping me figure out how to fix my machine on other issues. I hope you all can help on this one.

Thank you!

What version of Techstream are you using? I had to go to version 12 to get everything to work with my 98 LX.

What version of Techstream are you using? I had to go to version 12 to get everything to work with my 98 LX.
It is version 12.something. Every time I go to get the data list from the AHC system the entire program crashes. I have downloaded the virtual box files to run Techstrram per @getco post, but don’t want to run this on my work laptop for fear of the files having malware and screwing up the computer.

I use the iCarsoft TYT II reader. Displays AHC pressures just fine for my 2000 LX470. I also have seen some forum members use the OBDLink product and get the AHC information. I have one but didn't like the interface (already have a ScanGauge) and haven't looked into getting the AHC readings.

I’m thinking about buying one and returning it if it proves that it will not work on my rig. I’m fed up with trying to get Techstream to work.

I have the same cable and can read the ahc pressures. I’m running it on win 10 x32 (tablet) and x64 (normal laptop). Sometimes the program crashes on the 32bit tablet, but on the laptop it’s working perfectly. Have used it on my hdj100, kdj120 prado, prius, gf’s yaris, and dads accord (on the honda as a generic obd2 device) flawlessly

I downloaded the virtual pc on my new Lenovo Yoga laptop and have no issues
Hey bud. Can you detail how you got all this to work and where you got the Techstream? I've got a newer HP Spectre and have the " cannot connect to VIM issue. My check engine light came on and I want to dive into my AHC as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom