Tech section vendor etiquette (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

red66toy

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Hello,
I was curious what the rules are for vendors post in the tech sections? I feel like I see many posts that are just for sale ads with no tech value. Should they be posting in their own vendor forum? I can understand a community member working out some project in tech, and then it turns into something they can sell. That seems fine, but when a bigger and registered vendor just posts a “hey look what I made and buy it here”, that is not adding anything of tech value and is just spamming everyone with more ads.
Cheers!

What's the difference between a vendor showcasing a new product in tech (particularly if it's a NLA item) and a non-vendor posting a 'Hey, look what I found' thread?

Honestly, I appreciate it when a vendor/Hobbyist/ or whomever lets people know the item is available with a tech-mention because I rarely go into the vendors section or for-sale, so it's really possible that many of these worthwhile, vehicle-specific products might get missed and die-on-the-vine if not introduced where there are far more potential buyers. Can you say you've never bought something that you've seen introduced in the tech section?

I don't know what the rules are but I consider any mention of a vehicle part that aids in the restoration, maintenance, or road-worthiness of these trucks, Tech. Tech is the RockAuto of MUD :)

Supporting Vendors have the leeway to have product promotion threads in Tech.

Supporting Vendors have the leeway to have product promotion threads in Tech.
Thanks, that answers my question about rules. Just curious.

Thanks, that answers my question about rules. Just curious.
There is a Small Business Storefront for those non-Vendors to promote for FREE. Top of the Classifieds section. Product promotion threads from non-Vendors get relocated to this section. (or if they are blatant offenders, removed entirely...or worse...) There are a few major companies who have had their accounts banned due to their inabilty to comply.

The Supporting Small Business setup is $10/mo. There are over 50 members who have new business or a side business and are in that group. The Small Business concept was created to provide a starting point for members who have created a product and offer the ability to promote in Tech to a more focused audience....without the added cost. Ideally, those members start making millions and bump up to a full Supporting Vendor status. (One did so today actually, their banners go live tomorrow)

The list of full Supporting Vendors is located here:

What's the difference between a vendor showcasing a new product in tech (particularly if it's a NLA item) and a non-vendor posting a 'Hey, look what I found' thread?

Honestly, I appreciate it when a vendor/Hobbyist/ or whomever lets people know the item is available with a tech-mention because I rarely go into the vendors section or for-sale, so it's really possible that many of these worthwhile, vehicle-specific products might get missed and die-on-the-vine if not introduced where there are far more potential buyers. Can you say you've never bought something that you've seen introduced in the tech section?

I don't know what the rules are but I consider any mention of a vehicle part that aids in the restoration, maintenance, or road-worthiness of these trucks, Tech. Tech is the RockAuto of MUD :)
I have surely purchased parts that were first posted/mentioned in tech, we all have of course! :) Not really what I was getting at though. Just that sometimes it seems the lines are highly blurred between tech section and classifieds. But as Woody kindly indicated, that is allowed for vendors so that clears it up!

There is a Small Business Storefront for those non-Vendors to promote for FREE. Top of the Classifieds section. Product promotion threads from non-Vendors get relocated to this section. (or if they are blatant offenders, removed entirely...or worse...) There are a few major companies who have had their accounts banned due to their inabilty to comply.

The Supporting Small Business setup is $10/mo. There are over 50 members who have new business or a side business and are in that group. The Small Business concept was created to provide a starting point for members who have created a product and offer the ability to promote in Tech to a more focused audience....without the added cost. Ideally, those members start making millions and bump up to a full Supporting Vendor status. (One did so today actually, their banners go live tomorrow)

The list of full Supporting Vendors is located here:
Thanks for the info! Nice you all have the different support levels for very small/weekend operators to full businesses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom