Tear down has started! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Tear down has started MAF-Hi po engine!

Well after making the hard decision of what route I was going to go. I decided to stay with the 2F I finally ordered MAF Hi-performance 2F along with a couple goodies like atheir DUI ignition and there ceramic header and aluminum radiator. I must say that I'm pretty exited here's a few pics that I took today after got the old one out. I'll keep you guy's posted on the progress.

DSC_0221-vi.jpg

DSC_0219-vi.jpg

Last edited:
it looks like a crime scene....someone quick draw a chaulk out line around the 2f...

good luck brah....2fs rock.

Dont let your dog into the garage to lick up the "green candy water". Unless its a Pitbull. Then by all means.

Im on the fence as to what to do if (when) my 2F craps out. I could buy 2 V8 crate motors for the cost of a 2F rebuild. I have a 400 in my FJ40, but I kinda like the old tractor motor in the 60. It sure helps keep me out of trouble.

Hodag

crime scene

you cane clearly see the large amount of fluid, fro the wound....

Last edited:
Here's a alittle update from today.

DSC_0232-vi.jpg

GLTHFJ60 said:

To be honest I'm not sure on exactly the power that it put's out for sure. Maybe Steve-O can answer that one more accurately.

Hard to say, there are too many variables. What distributor, what headers, what carb, etc. I dont have an engine dyno here to check all of the different combinations. Basically, we offer two different rebuild options for the 2f, standard and high performance. For people who just need a rebuilt engine, the hi-po motor is only $500 more, making it a good upgrade while rebuilding your motor. Other than that, if you want to stay 2f, and not go the darkside of the v8 force, you are limited to power upgrade options. This is just another option for maximizing your 2f powerplant.

MR.FJ60 said:
Here's a alittle update from today.

DSC_0232-vi.jpg

since you blocked off the pvc/egr connection on the manifold, how are you plumbing the pvc valve now? I could give a flying horse poop about emissions, but you need to get the gasses out of the crankcase.

beaufort-fj60 said:
since you blocked off the pvc/egr connection on the manifold, how are you plumbing the pvc valve now? I could give a flying horse poop about emissions, but you need to get the gasses out of the crankcase.

Acctually that is where the EGR used to be pluged into. The PCV valve is ont he other side of the engine you can kinda see it in these two pics it's the the little tube that sticks out of the engine about half way on it.

DSC_0224-vi.jpg

DSC_0218-vi.jpg

beaufort's asking where the other end of the line from the pcv is going to go... it used to go to the blocked off spot on the intake...

I think your answer is that you'll run it into a screw in port on top of the intake, to one side or the other of the carb. Like in the pics... first is a sealed port on the front side, the second is where my booster connects on the rear side.

I have some extra of those screw in ports and the NPT tap to fit... swing by if you need anything
DSC03570 (Small).JPG
DSC03571 (Small).JPG

erics said:
beaufort's asking where the other end of the line from the pcv is going to go... it used to go to the blocked off spot on the intake...

I think your answer is that you'll run it into a screw in port on top of the intake, to one side or the other of the carb. Like in the pics... first is a sealed port on the front side, the second is where my booster connects on the rear side.

I have some extra of those screw in ports and the NPT tap to fit... swing by if you need anything

Ahh I see! I think that I'm going to take into the plate that I bolted on the intake. Hey eric, I might have to take you on that tap and stuff will give you call.

Here's another update from today guy's. The engine is In along with the new radiator and most of the other stuff, just finishing up on some of the hoses hopefully will get her started some time in the next couple of day's. Got plenty of pics for you guy's.

DSC_0001-vi.jpg

DSC_0012-vi.jpg

DSC_0025-vi.jpg

DSC_0018-vi.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom