Tear down has started! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

GLTHFJ60 said:
Sweet. What dist is that? What radiator is that?

HOTTT

:beer:

Thanks guy's! The Distributor is D.U.I along with the wires too I got them from MAF. The radiator is also from MAF's there aluminum one.

Sweet. I'm loving it.

Do you think that you could post up a price list when you have purchased everything so that we can get a gauge for how much a good 2F would cost?

Thanks.

GLTHFJ60 said:
Sweet. I'm loving it.

Do you think that you could post up a price list when you have purchased everything so that we can get a gauge for how much a good 2F would cost?

Thanks.

great idea!!

Very interested to see how it drives and hear the comparison with the old 2f...

Definately. That will make the decision to keep or dump the 2F a more concrete choice.

the maf hi-po engine is 3,495.00 plus an 800 core charge, then you have to ship it. I looked into this last year, very cool engine.

Well yeah, but then he put on hedders and a DUI ignition and a special Rad.

I was hoping for the prices for the whole shebang.

It's been a little pricy that's for sure but so far everything very well worth it. I'm hoping that will get her started tommorrow everything seems to be in other than getting the timing and afew plugs in the carb. If you guy's really want me to I will post the amount that I've spent so far in detail. I will keep you guy's posted tommorrow on how the starting goes and maybe a few more pics.

Thanks Steve-O! I finnally got to drive her home today and drove around for a couple miles. The new engine is running top-notch! Everything is very smooth and the sounds of the headers along with my Magnaflow exhaust is very plesant, nice and throaty. Wanted to say Thanks to Malcom over at Man-A-Fre for all of his help with all the stuff he had to get to me overnight.

Steve-O said:
DUI, Alum. Radiators, Tuned headers , Hi-po Motor , this should cover all the main prices and info on this project.

MR.FJ60, everythings looking great! Keep up the good work!

It looks like the DUI only has one diaphram on it. The stock one has two. The secondary one for the high altitude vacuum advance and the main one for while the cruiser is warming up.

Which one does it use?

Thanks for the pricing info.

About driving it, how does it drive?

Power?

Throttle Response?

Low End Torque?

Fuel Mileage?

Aesthetics?

All very important to know. Especially with a $5000 plus job!

Mr. FJ60, did you retain the original tranny or do an H55 swap also. I'm curious to know your highway cruising speed with which ever tranny you have, along with fuel mileage.

GLTHFJ60 said:
Thanks for the pricing info.

About driving it, how does it drive?

Power?

Throttle Response?

Low End Torque?

Fuel Mileage?

Aesthetics?

All very important to know. Especially with a $5000 plus job!

I haven't gotten to drive it that much yet but the 27 miles that I did drive today. It felt smooth and def. torquey throttle response was def. there, I love the sound of it too as I mentioned with the headers. No comparison with my old tired 2F that had 247K. As far as fuel mileage will have to wait for that. I will take a few shots of it tommorrow for you guys to see.

Is it worth the $5000? That is awfull pricey for a tractor motor. I would love to stay stock and I will untill I get a real job but if I ever spend $5000 on a motor it surely won't be a 2f. I could see if the HO 2f was $1500 or even $2500 but $3900 seems ludacris unless they guarentee 300hp! I just need more for $5000. I'm sure that motor is night and day compared to my old 2f. Looks good too.

Bradley said:
Why are rebuilt 2F's so $$$ I can't figure it out?

Because they are pretty much bulletproof.

Yes but is it the parts or the labor or both. It sounds like not very many people do them is that why that is what I am thinking.

Cookiemonster said:
Mr. FJ60, did you retain the original tranny or do an H55 swap also. I'm curious to know your highway cruising speed with which ever tranny you have, along with fuel mileage.

I did keep the 4speed for now, hopping to do the H55 by spring. As far as highway speed Used to cruise at around 65 at about 2800rpm with the old 2F I'm also running 4.11's as far as gearing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom