Target carrier (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Turbo is still working great, running it daily right around 32-33 PSI and "knock on wood" no issues.
Sending money directly to China was a bit sketchy but it all worked out in the end and saved me around $350.00 over the going rate.

Good luck!

Haha! Thanks.. 32-33 psi is insane! I wonder if I can save some coin on a chinese ebay deal and funnel the savings into pump mods.. with a 12mm stock pump with boost compensator is should be sufficient. Was just going to run standard injectors but unsure at this early stage.. i'm going on the advice of a mate who is making the manifold.

Good to hear, do you have any videos of it running at all? (almost padding the thread, but legit question!)

12mm stock pump with boost compensator is should be sufficient. Was just going to run standard injectors but unsure at this early stage.. i'm going on the advice of a mate who is making the manifold.

Might try a new turbo and all the free pump tuning mods first and see what it’s like.

If I had to do it again I would go back to mostly stock engine, I chased HP with my first engine and after breaking the pinion, twisting the drive shaft, twisting the slip yoke, multiple sets of U-joints, twisting a transfer case shaft, pushed through a high HP pressure plate and damaged a new clutch, several set of engine mounts, three turbos, and continually tearing the lugs off my rear mud terrain tires I ultimately blew that engine up and built this one to take MORE power, after dealing with high engine temps every time I went on long trips I started to turn this engine down, I’ve spent a little more than a year removing power from this engine and everything else on the pig has been happier, not sure if you’ve read this build thread but these weren’t old used or inexpensive parts in most cases they were new factory, aftermarket designed for a high HP application or custom built for a high HP applications.

I feel like I’m at 2/3rds of my first engine HP now and still can climb any grade at any speed fully loaded with common sense being the only thing holding you back. Other than consistently working on it to change parts I really can’t tell the difference just driving.

Good to hear, do you have any videos of it running at all? (almost padding the thread, but legit question!)

I believe somewhere in this thread I have a video of the engine startup, I’ll need to get with @fj55-100 and have him give me some pointers on taking pictures and videos from behind while driving and see if I can get something posted.

Thanks for that @J Mack . I'll go digging through the 100 pages of your thread for a video.. should keep me busy tomorrow while i'm "working"..

I'm not really chasing massive power.. I'm hoping for a well tuned and reliable setup that will not leave me short on power.. being a fan of the 3b I know what its like to plod along.. I'm just looking for above average turbo performance from my 15BF.. Eventually I'll want to run 4.56's in the diffs and probably Long's up front all on 80 series running gear which SHOULD be a little more beefier than the factory 55 stuff (not saying thats what you've had trouble with as it's been a while since I've ready through your thread).

No doubt we'll be upgrading to a camper trailer when funds allow so being able to tow it like its not there is probably my power goal, something I'm hoping is achievable with this setup.. anyway.. time will tell, I've pretty much got everything except the turbo, manifold, inj pump mods (these are needed for a boost comp anyway), and intercooler.. so its just finding the right setup for the application.

I'll go digging through the 100 pages of your thread for a video
That's way too much work, our friend @fj55tlc just posted this video of our pigs playing in the snow back around 2017 when mine was still solid blue. I hope it’s ok if I post a link to your video Craig.

I believe somewhere in this thread I have a video of the engine startup, I’ll need to get with @fj55-100 and have him give me some pointers on taking pictures and videos from behind while driving and see if I can get something posted.
Pointers welcome , I am not used to seeing the backside of anyone when i am behind the wheel . I am always found at a turnout way in front getting some good grille pics .

As if I didn't have enough distractions batteries and booze just showed up in the mail today, still waiting for the BMS I ordered to show up and I'll start experimenting with the batteries. I'll most likely start experimenting with the booze right away.
IMG_20200204_134954867.jpg

What's BMS?? IM Stupid 🤪😎
battery management system (bms)

If I'm understanding what I'm reading correctly these little LiFePO4 Cell batteries should be close to the capacity of my two AGM batteries and weigh just under 20 LBS when it's all said and done.

Going to mount everything in a case to test out and if everything goes to plan I’ll come up with something to make them permanent in the pig.

Amazon product ASIN B07S5GWSXZ

My buddy is a pipper, so I’ve become a fan, my oldest bottle so far was 21.
Last summers tasting night:
1580883909541.jpeg

OK...detour over, back on Target.

Are those cans? Does the whole top come off?
Rating on a scale of 1 - 10?
12291707371550.png

Godfather of scotch, Jim McEwan’s last creation before he retired was BRUICHLADDICH BLACK ART single malt scotch #4. I wanted to give it a try so I bought a few bottles and grabbed a bottle #5 and #6 too so I can compare.

So far I have only tasted the #4 and it is very good.

Scotch: A Golden Dream I believe on Netflix is a movie mostly about Jim McEwan. Pretty good movie if you want to know more.

Way off target and not even scotch, but here's a story. My Dad and Grandpa would share a shot or two back in their day of this 100 proof bourbon whiskey. When my Grandpa died in the early 60s Dad put the bottle away. Dad will be 99 this May and when his final day comes my sons and I will share a shot of this 60 year old whiskey, too.

IMG_3967.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom