Tail Light upgrade (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have been throwing around the idea of upgrading my tail lights to what the 2006/2007 Lexus LX470s have.

Is it even possible? Here is the deal.

There are some oferrings on ebay, here's the link eBay Motors: LANDCRUISER FJ100 LED TAIL LIGHTS 98 99 00 01 02 03-05 (item 170291265767 end time Jan-09-09 02:23:56 PST)

One, they aren't OEM/reputable aftermarket, which doesn't sit well with me.

Two, I have a reverse bulb in my actual tail light housing, not near the license plate. Will I be making mods to the lights before they go in?

Three, is this a complete waste of money? I do like the LEDs, but don't want to turn my car into the usual cheap aftermarket crap.

All I have done in modifications was take a Land Cruiser wind deflector and paint and mount it. I like that mod, sorry guys...

1998-2002 have ~8.5" wide inner tailights at the bottom, while the 03-07 are slightly larger at the base, approx 1" wider. With that said, I'm curious if the aftermarket lights are designed for the 98-02s since the 06-07 OEM lights would fit in a 03-05 no problem. The outer housings interchange on all years, including LCs. Do a search on Clublexus, we had a discussion about it.

I think its a waste of money cuz if they crap out you cant just replace the bulb. I was going to get them a year or two back but decided my money could be spent elsewhere on more important upgrades.

"Club Lexus" ?? hahaha....... wow.

"Club Lexus" ?? hahaha....... wow.

I could see a bunch of old people at a golf club in flannel shirts with there huge gold package lexus's. Haha

I though about upgrading or changing. But people can see my lights, and they do there job. Although my driverside tail light keeps going out, I'd rather spend 275$ towards something useful ( like towards bfg's or lift).

Club Lexus members (with the exception of Loud, who directed me here...) don't really know much about the LX470.... or cars for that matter.

Yes, the tail lights are a "stupid" thing to want... but it is cheaper than buying a 2007 and still gives it a newer look... I guess. Right now though, I'd like to get nature's pinstriping out of the right side.

I already put new tires on it, which are LTXs because most of the time, it does freeway driving from Los Angeles to Santa Barbara (or Santa Barbara to LA, your choice).

I really WANT an ARB bumper in the front... (and of course I need a matching rear one ;)) but right now, that costs way more than buying tail lights. But that has been nixed now.

I guess I want something that really lets it stand out, something that shows it is mine. And not the other 5000 LX470s I see on a daily basis. But that also means that I don't want 20in spinners and a body kit...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom