Tail light question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello,

New here, been lurking for ages - active elsewhere on the 4runner side.

Sold a built up LJ to make room for a 2010-13 GX. Finding a good one is more of a chore than when I looked a year or two ago, which leads me to the 2014-16 generation.

I despise the fast and furious tail lights and wondered if I sourced a set of 10-13 ones, is it a plug n play swap?

Look forward to diving into this side of the 150 platform.

Feel the need to post some kind of pic, so here is the 4runner at Windrock for ATR.

image000000-2.jpg

Reactions: r2m
Hello,

New here, been lurking for ages - active elsewhere on the 4runner side.

Sold a built up LJ to make room for a 2010-13 GX. Finding a good one is more of a chore than when I looked a year or two ago, which leads me to the 2014-16 generation.

I despise the fast and furious tail lights and wondered if I sourced a set of 10-13 ones, is it a plug n play swap?

Look forward to diving into this side of the 150 platform.

Feel the need to post some kind of pic, so here is the 4runner at Windrock for ATR.

image000000-2.jpg
Looks like a nicely puffed out 4R!
Plan on doing the same for the GX?
There has been posts about swapping out tail lights, but I don't recall if it was swapping old style to new style, or vice-versa.
I think there may have also been talk about going either all red or all clear. Again, it's been a while, but if you do some searches you'll find it.
Although if I recall it may be a straight out lens replacement.
2013:
1685893035134.png

2016:
1685893047549.png

I’m almost certain it’s a straight swap. Some of the sequential aftermarket options on eBay show 2010+. Here’s the back of ‘12 housing
IMG_4924.jpeg
IMG_4922.jpeg

I swapped 2013 taillights into my 2018, it was a straight swap no issues.

Anybody want to buy my altezzas taillights, LMK.

@finslayer83 the 10-13 tails are red, but a lighter shade. I liked the darker/scarlet red of the new Sport models so much, I ponied up for an OEM set for my white 2013 and it was worth the coin, IMO.

PXL_20230412_141043852.jpg

After cracking my right rear tail light, I swapped to the Sport package ones. Big improvement.

I have seen people say that 2017ish GXs changed the wiring harness to the tail lights, but others have said no.

I have a 2019, and the new tails plugged right in. Took a few minutes to swap.

View attachment 3348274

After cracking my right rear tail light, I swapped to the Sport package ones. Big improvement.

I have seen people say that 2017ish GXs changed the wiring harness to the tail lights, but others have said no.

I have a 2019, and the new tails plugged right in. Took a few minutes to swap.
would you mind providing part numbers for the ones you have i have this fear of ordering the wrong ones each time i decide i want to do it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom