Tacticus GX460 new 20k build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
TACTICUS BUILD BEGINS! TACTICAL LEXUS= TACTICUS

Hello all, I have been reading the forums for a while now say 6 months and finally decided it was best for me to post and share and interact with everyone on here :) I was extremely inspired by all of your builds and so I am on my journey to build mine out currently.

So far I have ordered the following;
Ironman premium front bumper
ironman snorkel
interior light upgrade
complete suspension package from filthy motor sports via Ben, KING suspension kit.
Baja designs LP9 pros X2 (will mount onto front bumper top) and Squadrons X2 (will replace fogs)

currently she has 100,000 miles on her, bought her at 80k for $35k single owner, clean title.
looking to get another 300k out of her and memories for a life time!!

below you will see all of the info I have put together building this and have a lot more thought going into this.
My biggest concern is installing the front bumper I could really use some help on that, and also installing the suspension and finally how to wire up all of the lights, ill repost all of these questions tomorrow to get that discussion started. I will be doing all of this myself so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Here is my Build List so far for the Tacticus click here>>> TACTICUS BUILD SHEET<<<<
Please see below you will find the purpose of my build, I sent this to Ben of Filthy Motor sports so this is mainly suspension centered.

1664853956284.png

Here is all the parts I have on order and should be here next week sometime, this list was custom made by Ben from Filthy Motorsports, and the Kings suspension was specifically tuned for my weights, travel and intended use custom by Filthy Motorsports. Here you will see the list he put together for everything. I can not wait to get these, but I am scared out of my mind thinking about how difficult it will be to put on!
1664854329100.png

Here is a pic of me after spending an hour or so unwrapping the bumper, and laying it out to look at. I have not yet installed it, because I am still researching how to cut it correctly, this is my main concern I want it to look perfect and I am looking for other people to give me a measurement as a reference for when I do this myself. I am planning on installing this bumper this end of week and weekend. Any help with this would be much appreciated!
1664854390681.png

Here is a pic of me after spending an hour or so unwrapping the bumper, and laying it out to look at. I have not yet installed it, because I am still researching how to cut it correctly, this is my main concern I want it to look perfect and I am looking for other people to give me a measurement as a reference for when I do this myself. I am planning on installing this bumper this end of week and weekend. Any help with this would be much appreciated!

Tape + markers + laser level. Measure thrice cut once. I don't plan to do bumpers on my GX but did help a buddy with his 470 this summer. This video helped us a lot in regards to the cutting step.

Last edited:
Do you have rear air suspension? Personally, I am not a fan of spring spacers, or bump stop spacers.

For the bumper, my favorite tool is my Milwaukee M12 Oscillating tool with a half circle type blade. You end up getting a lot less melted plastic bits with this than a large cutoff wheel.

Tape + markers + laser level. Measure thrice cut once. I don't plan to do bumpers on my GX but did help a buddy with his 470 this summer. This video helped us a lot in regards to the cutting step.

That's an excellent idea I didn't even think about using theirs, I was so jealous how they made an amazing video on all of their stuff. I would have went with them over that simply except that their bumper on the top bars are not as thick and protective. But this is an excellent idea to utilize this! Thank you very much !

Do you have rear air suspension? Personally, I am not a fan of spring spacers, or bump stop spacers.

For the bumper, my favorite tool is my Milwaukee M12 Oscillating tool with a half circle type blade. You end up getting a lot less melted plastic bits with this than a large cutoff wheel.
So the reason there is the weird cone spaces in the back is because that's a temp solution until I get my permanent weight in the back, once I get the rear bumper on and all the weight installed I'll add a heavy spring according to the weight. This was recommended by Ben at Filthy Motorsports. Also as far as the bump stops, Ben let me know that she to how they fine she suspension and set it up and more importantly how Kings are designed with all of the advanced tuning/hardware made up for the units, that bump stops won't be even utilized probably ever.

Ah that's a good idea to use rhagM thank you for the recommendation, I'll look into this definitely since I was worried the melting part. Currently I have planned on using a drimmel with small wheel. I'm going to see if this makes sense for the price.

So the reason there is the weird cone spaces in the back is because that's a temp solution until I get my permanent weight in the back, once I get the rear bumper on and all the weight installed I'll add a heavy spring according to the weight. This was recommended by Ben at Filthy Motorsports. Also as far as the bump stops, Ben let me know that she to how they fine she suspension and set it up and more importantly how Kings are designed with all of the advanced tuning/hardware made up for the units, that bump stops won't be even utilized probably ever.

Ah that's a good idea to use rhagM thank you for the recommendation, I'll look into this definitely since I was worried the melting part. Currently I have planned on using a drimmel with small wheel. I'm going to see if this makes sense for the price.
Okay that is smart, I needed to change the front and rear springs after a couple of years into my build too.

So also I do not have rear air bags

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom