tacoma tires (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
It's about time for some new tires on my 99 taco.
I'm looking for 33"s that will be good off road but I also do a lot of highway driving, often on snowy roads, and I'd like something that will last. I've got fisk sport kings on it now and I like them a lot, but I just thought I'd exlpore my options. I'm considering the summit trail climber CT.
thanks
-Fletch-

BFG all terrains. Decent on and offroad. Pretty good in snow too. The set of 33's I had on my 95.5 tacoma had 80k on them when I replaced them. I still use one of them for a spare on my fj40, and you can still see all the tread blocks, although real thin in the middle.

Toyo Open Country AT's
Bridgestone REVO AT's
BFG AT's

BTW, no AT tire is designed for more than around 50,000 miles. Even if the tread still has depth, the bonding agents that hold things together have long since worn out and the tire is unsafe.

Bridgestone Dueler AT Revo. I love these tires!! Stick like glue in ice and shed water like a duck's back! They look very cool as well. Should wear well with a 50k mile warranty.

I have the 265/75/16 on my '01 DCab 4x4.

Jody.

IMO, the best all-around AT is the Bridgestone Dueler AT (standard AT, not the revo). Got 45k miles out of my last set, great on pavement in all conditions except deep, fresh snow (tread fills with snow). Surprisingly good off-road.

The best all-around MT is the Bridgestone Dueler MT. Great off-road, as you'd expect from an MT, but still very good on-road. Easy to keep balanced, decent tread life, relatively quite.

Honorable mentions go to Cooper Discover SSTs for an AT and Firestone Destination MTs (I'm currently running 33/12.5-15 Destination MTs. I'm very happy with them, but I only have about 8k miles on them, so I have no opinion yet about tread life or long term durability).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom