TACOMA 2006 ,My problem is with 4wheel drive will lock in with light blinking , only in 4hi, no low , have to turn key off to get to shift out of gear (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have changed front actuator twice with new actuators , still have to turn key off to make shift out of 4hi, also u can lock front end in gear and unplug front actuator and the trans fer works perfect then without turning key off, i am wondering still if before i change the front acutator could have gotten the transfer actuator out of timing, because i took it aprt and cleaned it, iit

I have changed front actuator twice with new actuators , still have to turn key off to make shift out of 4hi, also u can lock front end in gear and unplug front actuator and the trans fer works perfect then without turning key off, i am wondering still if before i change the front acutator could have gotten the transfer actuator out of timing, because i took it aprt and cleaned it, iit
i am new on this forum thing but i am lookng for some help, anyone have any info on my problem

Timing is a possibility. Im pretty sure the actuator doesn't work until 4wd is fully engaged, which is indicated by a switch on the transfer. The dash light it actuated when the diff is locked in.
I would assume that the 4wd computer isn't seeing the case fully engage 4wd so its not actuating the diff.

If you haven't already, you might want to do some research on Tacomaworld.com

Timing is a possibility. Im pretty sure the actuator doesn't work until 4wd is fully engaged, which is indicated by a switch on the transfer. The dash light it actuated when the diff is locked in.
I would assume that the 4wd computer isn't seeing the case fully engage 4wd so its not actuating the diff.

thanks g i been trying again all moring to retime the transfer actuator, i have tried it in several positions with no luck, i have actually manually with 6 volt battery put hte front diff out of gear and it puts it back in but never takes out of gear, it stillworks perfect with the front actuator unplugged , i would think that something is wrong with front actuator but that makes two new ones that i have bought , i tried to jump the sensors on transfer but didnt seem to do anything , may not have done it right , i appreciate ur input, i am bout at the end of the rope, if u think of anything please let me know

Pic of factory wiring diagram?
i was trying to see if someone could tell me when i take the front actuator plug off why the sthe selector in the dash works perfect in and out of gear, mayb that is a tell, tell diagnosis of something, beats me, still need help,thanks

Thanks Johnny Utah, I'm having a similar problem. I can put the truck into 4H, but won't go into 4L . After numerous tries it will go into 4L, and I go wheeling.
When done, the truck will not shift out of 4L. I had to turn the truck off, turn the knob to 4H, and then start the truck and it shifts. From there it will easily shift to 2WD.
Same issues, or do I have something else going on?

FLATU8ER. I WOULD SAY WE HAVE SIMILIAR PROBLEMS BUT I HAVE A MECHANIC HIRED WITH ALDATA BUT HE HAS NOT BEEN ABLE TO CHECK MINE OUT, HE THINKS IT IS A GROUND PROBLEM SOME WHERE BUT SO FOR WE HAVE NOT FOUNFD THE PROBLEM, STILL LOOKING BUT WHEN I FIND THE PROBLEM I WILL TRY TO POST IT ON HERE, IT IS AMAZING TO ME THAT THE THE DEALER SHIPS CANT EVEN FIX THESE PROBLEMS , SO HANG IN THERE, IF U FIND OUT UR PROBLEM BEFORE I FIX MINE LET ME , THANKS

Youd br surprised how many "mechanics" wont even touch electrical. :(
YEP U R SO RIGHT , WELL I AM OLE SCHOOL , I THOUGHT I COULD FIX THIS TRUCK BUT SO FOR I HAVE FAILED, I AM THINKING IT IS A GROUND PROBLEM, BUT DONT HAVE ENOUGH COMPUTER DIAGNOSTIC DIAGRAMS TO HELP ME BUT HAVE A FRIEND THAT DOES BUT HE IS SO BUSY, SO MAYB ONE OF THESE DAYS WE WILLNGET BACK ON IT

@OLE YELLOW, did you ever get anything worked out?
I tried to go wheel yesterday and no low range. 4 hi works just fine, click to 4 lo and it just blinks and will not kick down.

@gnob Your link will not come up any more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom