Taco axle chop (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.trailcarnage.com
Here are a few picutres from last night's hack job. I am suprised how much clearnace was added. Don't ask, I am not sure what I started with. :D Fabbed our of 1/4" plate.

You can see the handy work by Mace. It was dentet in nearly 3/4" and still cleared the ring gear.!
dent.jpg
cut.jpg
center_plates.jpg

:D

I always thought that diff needed a bit more beef :)

The dent was a result of following Denny and Nolen through the Black hills :)

Nice work as always... Also I posted your junk for sale on the GA board for you.

The key is to keep the differential solidly mounted through the whole operation. This greatly reinforces the axle. I did a trial installation of the axle shafts and it went smooth as butter. I cut way more away from my 60 axle using this method and also had success.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?p=481597

sactocruiser said:
Did it pull much after welding? I'd be concerned about distorting the flange where the 3rd mounts.

Last edited:
I appreciate it bro! I actually have a gentleman traveling from Indy on Sunday to pick it up. He is getting a sweet deal at $2000. We are lucky that we hooked up when we did. I am moving this weekend and was going to take it with.

ATLRoach said:
Nice work as always... Also I posted your junk for sale on the GA board for you.

trailcarnage said:
I appreciate it bro! I actually have a gentleman traveling from Indy on Sunday to pick it up. He is getting a sweet deal at $2000. We are lucky that we hooked up when we did. I am moving this weekend and was going to take it with.

Move your ass back here man! Quir moving farther away!

I need some Links built and would rather have you do it than some prick here.

NICE, and considerably more durable than the stock setup :)

ATLRoach said:
Move your ass back here man! Quir moving farther away!

I need some Links built and would rather have you do it than some prick here.

Oh so im that now HUH........ :flipoff2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom