TAC Member Bio's (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey Mac,

I knew I saw a rhd troopy on 119th, twice. I couldn't figure out if it was an HJ47 or FJ45, I don't know as much about the history as I should. Very cool, I'm just down the block.

(Sorry for the chit chat mods :D)

Thanks for the welcome. I'd love to catch up and officially join the group. Unfortunately I will be at my place in Big Horn, MT trying to catch a few trout over Memorial day (not all bad).
Let me know what the offiical entry into Tornado Alley Crusier's requires. I'd like to get on board.
Yep, probably me on 119th. I blow the pipes out once a week or so. The serial #'s says she is an FJ45. Word is it was an ambulance Down Under and has the bright orange paint under the dune to prove it. I don't know much more about the history than that. It's an H now with a turbo glide and plenty of opportunity to clean her up.

Mac Plymale
mplymale@cisco.com

MacDadee

saw you and the FJ45 over on black bob a few weeks back. The wife was in the 4runner with me and asked what kind of Land cruiser is that (impressed that she even knew it was a Land Cruiser) I told her it was a very "COOL" land cruiser :)

anyway very nice FJ/HG and welcome to MUD and Kansas!!!!

ASI H8 – Rob Ellmaker

My name is James R. Ellmaker. I go by Rob, or whatever else ya want to call me. I’m in the process of relocating from Odessa to the Jefferson City area done relocating. Wife, kids and I are planted in Oak Grove. I’ve been married to Christy for over 18 years now. We have two beautiful kids, Madilyn 15yo, and Parker 12yo. My interests include, but not limited to, my wife and kids, tinkering (with the kids, when they want to join), the GREAT outdoors (camping, hunting, fishing, shooting). I started wheeling a Suzuki Samurai when Eric Jobe convinced me to join a group of TAC members heading to Disney, OK. I’ve been addicted ever since.

Rigs: I got to many one now. Modifications for Toyotas listed below. I won’t bore you with the Suzuki stuff.
69 FJ40
97 FJ80 Land Cruiser, CE – Bought for the wife because, “We need a third row.” Sold
95 Toyota 4Runner – Traded my 2005 Harley Davidson for this.
87 Suzuki Samurai – Received this in trade for something. Don’t remember what.
81 Suzuki LJ80v – Got this in a package deal
. SOLD

About your truck(s): Again, only going to bore you with the Toyotas.
FJ40 - Lift (Spring and shackle), 4Runner TRD 17" Wheels, larger tires, 2F, 4 spd, (mini Truck) PS, OBA, FI
2000 4Runner Limited
1988 2wd Pickup
1985 2wd XCab Pickup
97 FJ80 Land Cruiser CE Tires – 285/75 r16 MTs
95 Toyota 4Runner - Up for sale
Traded for a FJ40

Last edited:
Taco16Jessy -Jessica Sutton
  • 2016 Toyota Tacome Offroad package in Blazing Blue Pearl. DCSB
  • no suspension upgrades. 33" 255/85r16 Cooper St Maxx's out on at 30k. Stock rear locker, and rear diff breather relocation.
  • Interior Enhancements: Wet Okole seat covers, blacked out chrome with vinyl, LED interior lights, Weather Tech Mats
  • Exterior/Armor Modifications: 4x innovation sliders DOM with kick out. Pelfrybilt front and mid skid to be installed soon. Plastidiped wheels because I'm cheap. Custom car grills mesh insert.
I live in Springfield Illinois these days, but that is temporary. Born, raised, and recently moved from Eureka Missouri. 27 yrs old, Single, no kids; but I have a very demanding cat. Interests outside of wheeling include traveling to and exploring new places, photography, metal/rock and some country music and going to concerts. I own 2 pistols and enjoy the range. And of course anything to do with the great outdoors.

Photos

Last edited:
KCoverland - Ethan Matt

Hey all! I am the newest member of this fine group of folks as of yesterday afternoon! My wife Gigi and I live with our cat Reynolds up in Kansas City KS, just off of 635 and I-70. We are both fairly new to the off-roading scene, having just bought this truck in March of 2021, but like I tend to do with most expensive hobbies, I dove in headfirst.:rofl:

A bit about us,
We're both in our mid 20's, Gigi is a NICU nurse, and I have until very recently run an outdoor construction and maintenance business here in KC. I dabble in a handful of different hobbies and industries, but the current main ones are wrenching on our 2000 Lexus LX470, remodeling our house, shooting long range precision rifle, playing drums, and breaking the aforementioned Lexus.

About that LX470, (for a tremendously in-depth look into our truck build over the last 2 years, check out the build thread in the signature)
  • Year, make and model - 2000 Lexus LX470
  • Drivetrain (engine, lockers, gears, tranny, etc.) - Ebay snorkel, resonator delete, front and rear ARB air lockers (+ARB Twin compressor mounted with Owl Expedition engine bay mount, 2 gallon aux tank mounted just behind rear axle), 4.88 Nitro Gears
  • Suspension/Lift, Wheels/tires - Factory AHC with Nitro UCA's, SPC lower rear links, non-AHC Land Cruiser Springs and T-bars, airlift airbags, 35x12.5x17 Hankook Dynapro MT2's on Vision Manx Competiton beadlocks
  • Interior Enhancements - Garmin Overlander, Ohana Rig Supply center console, AuxBeam 8 gang switch panel, Pioneer headunit, custom drawers in cargo area, front seat covers with molle webbing on the backs for organization, MyMedic MyFAK, Weathertech mats, LED interior lights from Gray Industry Cruisers
  • Exterior/Armor Modifications - Valleytech Fab front and rear bumpers, Trail Gear 60 inch universal sliders, Prospeed roof rack, CVT Mt. Triumph RTT, Rigid Industries lighting, Ronin Metal ditch light brackets, Jimmy Mackim front grille, J:censor:P hood louver, limb risers, cut front fenders, our own MultiFunction Chase Light, Gray Industry Cruisers transmission crossmember skid plate

7C989DE2-B5BA-4F17-B9DC-0940E0B0FB53.jpeg

FB2E53EC-8540-490D-A5FA-6EDA0FAC7763.jpeg

B983D048-DA87-4DC8-832A-848A761C9125.jpeg

8BE6F62F-CB45-40C7-878A-E0FEB800E90D.jpeg

006CB28B-FC2A-4FA2-B3DB-AA286C812D52.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom