T100 Alternator Issue (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just bought this truck, the alternator was not working so I ordered another.

I received a 4 groove, and different parts stores all showed the same alternator.

I googled around and think it is a 6 groove that goes on a 98 Landcruiser. Could this be a JDM truck?

signal-2024-03-18-103055_002.jpeg

signal-2024-03-27-085811.jpeg

signal-2024-03-27-085830.jpeg

signal-2024-03-27-085845.jpeg

Ocams razor dude.
Most likely the rebuild house throws that pulley on because it fits most applications and if it doesn't fit yours, you change the pulley. You're assuming that the monkeys in the rebuild factory, know things which they cannot possibly know, and you draw inferences from that? Ok...

Ocams razor dude.
Most likely the rebuild house throws that pulley on because it fits most applications and if it doesn't fit yours, you change the pulley. You're assuming that the monkeys in the rebuild factory, know things which they cannot possibly know, and you draw inferences from that? Ok...
the pulley shafts are different diameter

the old broke one is larger

that bottom right diagram, i think, is mine belt diagram

but google has mixed definitions on what it is for

beltdiagram.jpg

Could this be a JDM truck?
T100s were only sold in the US and Canada.

Alternators returned as cores arent always the right one.
Perhaps you could try buying another one locally (for easy returns) and see if it matches your old one.

Good luck! (T100 owner since 2009, 275K on the original alternator)

I've tried 4 different new ones now.

None of them are correct

Alternator part number is 10 22 11 2080

If anyone can help track one down

If anyone knows a shop I can ship mine to and get it rebuilt.

That would work too

the large pulley alt is likely an eBay buy.
the part number is for international 5vz.

the correct part will have the small pulley.
the 80 amp alt should have the larger shaft.

and your alt likely just needs brushes

Seriously.
Keep what you've got and rebuild it.
That's the best way, unless you have a professional starter and alternator man near by. Auto parts store rebuilds aren't going to use any Denso parts. They'll use the cheapest parts available including but not limited to using copper plated steel in place of real copper. Good luck.

Just bought this truck, the alternator was not working so I ordered another.

I received a 4 groove, and different parts stores all showed the same alternator.

I googled around and think it is a 6 groove that goes on a 98 Landcruiser. Could this be a JDM truck?

View attachment 3592432

View attachment 3592433

View attachment 3592434

View attachment 3592435

i better planned out approach here might be to accurately conform and identify this incorrect 27060-622200, and find out what it is actually supposed to fit first ....

this combined with some supporting needed T-100 vehicle specific information , such as the Production Date on the Drivers side white door Jamb Decal

modle year on your glove box registration card

your exact engine family on the under hood DATA ID white decal , and also on the Emissions smog and routing diagram white decal too

ATM

or

MTM

3RZ-FE

or

3VZ-FE

or

5VZ-FE

this body style T-100 has a wild array of alternator choices and possibilities more then any single TOYOTA Vehicle modle body style production run

there was a rare 2WD in 96 ish ... that was NOT a pre-runner , but had the 4WD suspension under it , only came is the extra cab option

the maroon paint code you have was offered every single modle year 1992-1997 both in solid and a sparky 2 tone silver pewter below the rocker moldings ..
one thing i can conclude here is a :
04/2000 TOYOTA GRAND HIACE VCH16W-PRSGK 27060-62220 That has a different clocked top tab slightly

, and the B+ plus ring terminals , also clocked out a same slightly , that uses a
27441-50050

does not belong on any 92-97 T-100 ...
how exactly does a 6-groove pully rotate the 27441- less grooves pully ?
do you have photos of how this all was set up ?
i wonder who carried a Japan Market region only GRAND HIACE alternator all the way to the usa , and why .....
now that would be a Campfire story i would die to hear .....
M

1712330670646.png

ALTERNATOR PULLEY

6 Groove Serpentine 21mm Belt x 57mm Rib OD x 17mm Bore, for Denso Units

REPLACES

Denso 021041-7420 Toyota 27411-50050
m,
1712331099794.png

Last edited:
Seriously all these part numbers are meaningless to the rebuild man. They don't cross to anything and most aren't available from any supplier. When I worked at an alternator shop we laughed all the time about it. Your part number is meaningless. That being said, you put that alternator on the bench and in 2 days he'll have it turned over and working again.
He won't waste any time hearing campfire stories about this or that, or speculating about how or why this part or that was used.
These guys knock out 5 to 10 overhauls before lunch, they don't care about the meaningless details, that make no difference at the end of the day.
All this internet chatter is noise to them.
We've spent as much time speculating from our keyboards as a builder would have invested in making that thing push 80 amps again...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom