Sway bar options for LX470? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have the SuperPro in the rear and love it. I have a TJM in the front. I highly recommend using the OEM bushing brackets for both bars as the aftermarket brackets tend to let the bushing to slip out.

My truck feels much better during twisty mountain roads. But I do feel like that I lose some front articulation due to the stiffer front bar.

Geez the Superpro poly bushings that attach to the bar ends *do not fit* due to a substantial lip on one edge of the hole (both ends were like this), so I used the old-but-still-good stock rubber bushings at the bar ends (which deform readily around the lip).

On the road it's a noticeable difference, feels good. I'm about to do the rear control arm bushings, so that oughta really tighten it up when I'm towing etc.

Geez the Superpro poly bushings that attach to the bar ends *do not fit* due to a substantial lip on one edge of the hole (both ends were like this), so I used the old-but-still-good stock rubber bushings at the bar ends (which deform readily around the lip).

On the road it's a noticeable difference, feels good. I'm about to do the rear control arm bushings, so that oughta really tighten it up when I'm towing etc.

They'll fit, but it's hell to get things together. The rubber is a good idea, but mine was way too far gone to make work.

They'll fit, but it's hell to get things together. The rubber is a good idea, but mine was way too far gone to make work.
The one side (without the lip) just popped right in, snugly but without too much effort.

The other side (with the lip) wouldn't go in even with a large C-clamp to press it in.

Great timing on this discussion...I'm in the middle of a brake job / front hub rebuild and I was going to put on new end links and sway bar bracket bushings but this evening I found a ton of bad corrosion on the end of the sway bar. I'm thinking let's replace the sway bar while I'm in there.

I don't do any aggressive off-roading but I do a lot of daily and long distance driving and want to tune for comfort and on-road handling. 3 simple options:

1. LX OEM bar - ~$150
2. LC OEM bar (1mm larger?) - ~$150
3. Superpro front bar - $319 size unknown

Would the Superpro bar be too aggressive, would I sacrifice some comfort during daily driving and highway cruising?
Would the LC bar be a noticeable improvement?

Thanks in advance for your input!

2024-03-12 18.54.12.jpg

My experience is that the LC sway bar, even with new bushings/end links, was NOT a sufficient difference. Despite a very well-working AHC, I wish I had gone fatter for less body roll.

Great timing on this discussion...I'm in the middle of a brake job / front hub rebuild and I was going to put on new end links and sway bar bracket bushings but this evening I found a ton of bad corrosion on the end of the sway bar. I'm thinking let's replace the sway bar while I'm in there.

I don't do any aggressive off-roading but I do a lot of daily and long distance driving and want to tune for comfort and on-road handling. 3 simple options:

1. LX OEM bar - ~$150
2. LC OEM bar (1mm larger?) - ~$150
3. Superpro front bar - $319 size unknown

Would the Superpro bar be too aggressive, would I sacrifice some comfort during daily driving and highway cruising?
Would the LC bar be a noticeable improvement?

Thanks in advance for your input!

View attachment 3580812
I have the Superpro rear only, which I highly recommend for on-road vehicle use. I'll probably get the front at some point after seeing how well it's worked in the rear.

The front LC & LX sway bars are the same. The rears are different.

I believe the front sway bar from SuperPro is 30mm and the rear is 27mm.

I appreciate the insights, just ordered the SuperPro front sway bar, and I'll report back after it's installed.

Thanks again!

I appreciate the insights, just ordered the SuperPro front sway bar, and I'll report back after it's installed.

Thanks again!
IMO the Hundy needs a swaybar upgrade in the rear more than it does the front, since it is an understeering vehicle. This is why I installed the rear only.

I'll be tackling the rear suspension parts later this year and will upgrade the rear bar then. It will be interesting to see the effects of the new front bar paired with the stock rear bar.

I just bought both.

I have all new rear control arms and lateral control arm with new hardware. So my suspension should be good to go for a bit longer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom