Sway Bar Link Replacement After Lift (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I have completed my OME 2" lift and while doing so saw my driver side sway bar link was basically shot. All the rubber bushings are rotting out and falling apart. I plan on replacing them in short order, but wasn't sure if I needed to go with something like the Man a Fre ones:

Or if I should just replace them with some OEM style. I am still running my 31 x 10.5 tires on stock wheels and do not intend to go any bigger.

Thoughts?

Higher lift necessitates longer sway bar links.

I measured what new length I needed then bought a cut length of thick wall stainless steel tubing and got a long ass stainless steel bolt to connect it all. Used new stock bushings.
85061819-0857-4942-830C-B7EA1FAADAE3.jpeg

I used the Man-A-Fre parts on my '86 FJ60 build. It has the OME 2" suspension lift. I'm happy with it.

Last edited:
Roger that. I will likely just buy the Man a Fre. Other than the sway bar links am I needing to change anything else to accommodate the lift?

The trail tailor extended sway bar links are nice too. I’ve got them on three cruisers.

Other than the sway bar links am I needing to change anything else to accommodate the lift?
Front and rear brake hoses from the axle to the frame. @Godwin posted some information a while back - use rear brake hose on the front, the additional length is just about right. I found a good replacement for the rear, I'll try to find my earlier post.

Here's a quote from my earlier post:

"For the rear hose I used a rear brake hose from a '95-'98 Toyota T100 pickup, Part Number 96940-34705."

So my sway bar link from Man a Fre look a bit different. Does this install look right? I feel like the bottom is not correct. There was no instructions in the box or online that I could find.

559B4458-A24C-4F44-910F-26C77ED77834.jpeg

45E08662-C79F-484E-9972-14E67288838D.jpeg

I installed my links the other way around. Traditionally you sandwich the sway bar with bushings on either side
01072E6D-2EAD-464E-B3CF-6A71551E6D28.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom