Swaping Rings and Pinions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys,

I have a BJ40 with original 4.11 diffs, and on next week i will install some 9.00x16 tires (actually they are 92cm in diameter). Would it be better to regear it to 4.56 ?
My REAL question is if it's possible to swap the ring and pinions from a BJ73 but keeping the original BJ40 carrier. Or do i need also the BJ73 carriers? The BJ73 rear axle has an LSD in the rear and 4,56 diff ratio from factory...

Any help would be very helpfull.

Regards

The ring and pinion should be the same as long as the Bj40 is from 74' on (spline count on the flange was different on earlier models of 40 series). Carriers would also be interchangable as long as you do not have factory cable lockers in your Bj73.

Cheers,

Michael

actually if you have a semi floater rear on the 40 series then the LSD will not fit, well it will fit but you will not be able to put the C clips in... thus in reality it will not fit.
the front will
the rear from the 73 will fit into the rear of the 40 FF or SF...
4.56 fromt he factory... wow, i have not come across that on any trucks i have had... i know that on the mine trucks you could get factory 4.56

cheers

Small hijack here, Question for wayne

I have a lockrite in my bj71 that I am about to get rid of (replacing with a KZJ71) Will the the lockright fit a BJ4? (Flat deck) that my father has as a farm vehicle? They are both semi floaters.

Cheers

crushers said:
actually if you have a semi floater rear on the 40 series then the LSD will not fit, well it will fit but you will not be able to put the C clips in... thus in reality it will not fit.
the front will
the rear from the 73 will fit into the rear of the 40 FF or SF...
4.56 fromt he factory... wow, i have not come across that on any trucks i have had... i know that on the mine trucks you could get factory 4.56

cheers

Wayne is correct I missed the part about the LSD..Sorry...my bad

Michael

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom