SOLD SW Florida 1988 FJ62 - Mechanically built but needs bodywork/ restoration (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 60 Series
Mileage
Color
green
*SOLD*
Up for sale is my 1988 Toyota Landcruiser FJ62 with 202k miles.
She's cosmetically rough at first glance but she's had a ton of mechanical work done. Here's the story:

I've owned many 60s and 62s and this one was supposed to be my most reliable rig completely rebuilt for a cross-continent trip, but luck didn't work out that way.
The FJ62 was sent to Urban Landcruisers in Atlanta where it was overhauled with $30k of work including
-engine rebuild
-knuckle rebuild
-body off frame blasting + coating
-OME medium duty lift kit
-new BFG ATs
-sport exhaust
-the list goes on...
The interior floor was also rhino lined for durability. All the doors including rears are from an Arizona donor and had zero rust, now there may be a bit of rust on the bottom of one.

Anything and everything that needed to be addressed was either replaced or rebuilt. With the engine being rebuilt and the other work that gave it a horsepower boost, it was the fastest and smoothest stock 62 I've owned. It had a minimal amount of body rust at the time.

After the mechanical work was done, the bodywork was to be completed at my go-to shop in NY (I've restored several A+ 60's there, check out my previous rigs for sale) but due to schedule delays and an out of state move, the vehicle was sent instead to a Landcruiser restoration guy in Pennsylvania recommended by a friend (big mistake). He turned out to be a meth head who took the deposit and abandoned the scuffed vehicle in the woods (hence the rust). The vehicle was recovered (along with the deposit), but the project was never completed (or started).

She's been sitting waiting for her chance to shine again. I recently replaced the fuel tank and bracket and pump and filter (hard to find, pricey parts!) so she starts and runs great.
I don't have the time to complete her so I'm passing it along to someone who can return her to glory. Hopefully the $30k+ I've put into her will add some value.
Can she be repaired? Yes, but it's not for the faint of heart. I've replaced roof sections so I know it can be done.
Good sections
-interior
-dog legs
-rear hatch
-doors
-rockers

Bad sections
-roof A pillar
-roof rear corners
-c channels

Last edited:
Pre- meth-head photos: