Suspension Woes. Help needed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I purchased them off Facebook. So I can’t really rock up to a dealer I would of thought.

If that’s the case it’s piss poor. It’s not even a slight lean that you can deal with.

It’s enough for me to look at it and get pissed off each time.

Springs have been swapped like mentioned. But without access to a hoist it’s a PITA swapping springs at home.

If you can find a spare spring then the swap is rather easy.

Finally got around to taking some photos so you guys can see what i mean. I also took a photo of the Passenger side coil setup, see how its on an angle slightly.

WhatsApp Image 2017-10-22 at 10.39.01.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2017-10-22 at 10.39.02(1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2017-10-22 at 10.39.02.jpeg

Replaced my Steering damnpner yesterday. My old one was completely shot.

I also adjusted the steering box valve. Car drives a lot better. Doesn’t sway as much and obviously isn’t as much free play in the steering

Lean is still there. Haven’t had a chance to get around to that atm.

I gave it a measure, from top of rim to guard there is 30mm difference in the back and 15mm in the front.

FYI how many pumps of grease do you guys pull into the ball joints?

6BAF952A-7FAB-4BC2-BB1B-762F92DEE818.jpeg

No ball joints, tie rod ends. Pump till the rubber boot swells. Maybe some poops out. If you mean on the steering dampner then same thing if there is a boot. If not just pump till it oozes out a bit from somewhere.
Maybe that one spring could be turned a bit to seat on the bottom perch better.

Yep my bad the tie rods. Always call the ball joints.

I have greasable ones on the damnpner and drag link so I’ll pump them full.

No more rotation can be had with the springs. They are hard up in the perch.

Getting some 35’s tomorrow. While it’s at the shop I’ll see if they can pick anything.

Found the answer. Adjustable pan hard rods. Diff was out and was dragging the body under with it.

Sitting nice and level now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom