Need help with suspension/rack heights (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Current height with OME shock/spring height with no additional weight:

Front - 22" center hub to fender
Rear - 23 1/2" center hub to fender

I want to move to a Dobinson IMS kit w/ C59-222V 2.0″ front and C59-223v 1.75″ rear. I want to also add a FR Slimline II rack. Best guess on height is about 7" overall from gutter for the rack. I'm currently sitting at about 76" to gutter. That puts me at 83" overall. I have an 84" garage door I need to slide under.

So, my questions is, with this new Dobinson kit I want to install, what kind of additional lift am I going to experience? I'm not going to add a bunch of armor or weight so maybe different variable rate spring?

Current height with OME shock/spring height with no additional weight:

Front - 22" center hub to fender
Rear - 23 1/2" center hub to fender

I want to move to a Dobinson IMS kit w/ C59-222V 2.0″ front and C59-223v 1.75″ rear. I want to also add a FR Slimline II rack. Best guess on height is about 7" overall from gutter for the rack. I'm currently sitting at about 76" to gutter. That puts me at 83" overall. I have an 84" garage door I need to slide under.

So, my questions is, with this new Dobinson kit I want to install, what kind of additional lift am I going to experience? I'm not going to add a bunch of armor or weight so maybe different variable rate spring?
You need to contact Dobinson for that info. It's based on weight.

I want to also add a FR Slimline II rack. Best guess on height is about 7" overall from gutter for the rack.
Yes, 7" above the gutter is just right for the height of the FR rack, although mine came out closer to 6.5" if you need to find a little more slack. Just got done installing mine, with similar constraints, see here:
My suspension was already sorted, so didn't have to deal with that extra variable. Sorry can't help with that.

Across the board members get more left than advertised with Dobinson springs.
I’m getting over 3” of lift with a 2 “ springs even with full armor.
My good friend @mustcamp is getting 4” plus with his without armor with the same springs
The only way you will know for sure is to try them.

Good to know about the FR rack height...thanks.

Yep, I know Dobinson can be really vehicle dependent. Similar height variables with other platforms as well when I had my 4runner and Tundra. Just the nature of their springs I guess. Probably just have to pull the trigger and try them out...switch out if too much lift.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom