Suspension travel and air springs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Bogo

FOOF
Threads
I was looking at air springs and I notice warning about not lifting the truck by the frame without limiting the axle drop. This got me wondering. How much does the stock rear suspension on a '94 4x4 mini truck articulate at the frame rail? It obviously articulates more than 5.5" at the frame rail. 5.5" is the movement limit for Firestone's kit for the truck. If I went with OME leaf springs, how much would it articulate at the frame rail?

How much does the stock rear suspension on a '94 4x4 mini truck articulate at the frame rail?

How much would OME Dakar leaf spring allow the axle to articulate at the frame rail?

You can find longer air springs that should work, but I haven't seen them in a kit yet. I also haven't explored all kits yet. Just Air Lift and Firestone. Universal Air has a triple bellows air spring with 11.25" of movement. Firestone has some that do about 10 inches but they are large in diameter.

Any experiences with air springs on mini trucks?

No experience with air springs but OME springs are limited by the shocks.

My OME rear springs would max out a 15" travel shock.

:cool: Hadn't thought about shocks being a limiter, but they would be. That gives me numbers I can look up and use especially if I build in a bit of a fudge factor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom