suspension hieght (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hi , my name is bill ,ive been reading this forum for a while ,and was hoping you all could help me . i have a 77 40 which i will be changing the suspension.what is the hieght at which the drive train becomes afected 3in,4in? also what do you think of black diamond susp? any help is greatly appreciated,thanks bill

up to 4" lifts won't require any drivetrain adjustments...you may find a need to shim the front axle slightly if you combine longer shackles with the lift, since that can effect steering. You may find the need for a rear shim if you notice vibrations at higher speeds from an out-of-alignment d-shaft.

If Black Diamond has redone their susp kit, it's a pretty good one. Do a search on Skyjacker and you'll find lots of stuff, it's a common topic on the forum.

thanks brian ,i have one more thing ,what about shackle size ,whats good size to get,while trying to not get to tall thahks bill

stock works in most instances, otherwise 1 to 1.5" overstock. Much more than that, especially in front, and you need to plan on some additional adjustments. Long shackles "can" help flex, but usually you need to look at relocating mounts and such to take full advantage (see my writeup on shackle angles in the Tech section - old article, but still relevant)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom