Suspension advice for a fifth gen 4runner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I too was looking at Sprinters, but... as you mentioned I've been hearing a lot about how poor the diesels are.
Another reason I went with my GX460 was the mobility for overlanding, parking (especially garage parking), fuel economy, and general comfort. I can also go through (small) boulder fields and some minor rock crawling and my CG (center of gravity) is not as high. A Sprinter can't come close to how my GX is setup for all the above reasons.
Now on the plus side of Sprinters, there's the convenience of not have to do a RTT, so if you're just doing over nighters on a long trip, you don't have to pack anything up. Just sit in the drivers seat and start 'er up and go. With some imagination the Sprinters are also very customizable with an infinite number of ways to configure.
Just don't expect to do any trails more difficult than a fire road.

Exactly!

They replace the need for a trailer, RTT, pickup bed, outdoor kitchen, etc. and you put her in park turn her off and swivel the seat around and boom just like that you're setup for camp. It doest get any easier than that and you can stand up inside and you're the most secure from the elements that you can possibly be. I also like the idea of keeping my dirt bikes inside, safe from prying eyes and sticky hands and the elements. The elephant in the room is the reliability and durability of the diesel and the small dealer network. I mull it over almost daily but I find myself leaning away from one more and more unless it's a third or fourth vehicle that's used sparingly.

Reactions: r2m
...unless it's a third or fourth vehicle that's used sparingly.
EXACTLY!! And ONLY if I had the room to store it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom