Superwinch Talon 9.5SR or TS11500SR or TS9500SR (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking for opinions on either one of these winches. I can get a really good deal on the Tiger Shark with 11,500 capacity, at just under $700 (under $600 for the 9.5) or spend about $1k for the Talon 9.5. I don't do any heavy offroading, just occasional trails, snow, etc. Mostly just for emergency purposes. This is also going on an ARB bumper. My only concern is the TS doesn't have the IP67 rating like the Talon.

Not much info on these two winches here from the mud community that I've been able to pick up. I've considered the Comeup, had a 12.5 on my Tundra but never needed it. Wanting to keep things under $1k. The used market in my area is slim so not waiting for the good deal on used.

not sure where you are in Or, but i see deals frequently.
if you aren't really serious about the winch just buy the hf apex. cheaper and as good as what you're looking at.

not sure where you are in Or, but i see deals frequently.
if you aren't really serious about the winch just buy the hf apex. cheaper and as good as what you're looking at.
I'm in southern Oregon. People like their winches here...not much on the used market. I've thought about the APEX, but going in the ARB bumper, seems like a little more modification to get it just right than I'd rather do. I might just spring for the Warn 9.5 xp-s. I can get a decent deal on one...but still more than I'd like to spend!

afaik most everything mounts foot forward in an arb. seems people have been successful mounting lots of different stuff.

im in so or as well. sometimes a little drive can save a few bucks.

afaik most everything mounts foot forward in an arb. seems people have been successful mounting lots of different stuff.

im in so or as well. sometimes a little drive can save a few bucks.

Thanks for the links. Don't seem like great deals, but fair deals. I suppose if I'm going to buy used, I'd want a real bargain...though the M8000 seems like a really good deal!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom