Super Swamper LTB's

CreeperSleeper

Cascade Cruisers

I'm thinking of running 33x13.50R16's on my 80 (no lift), do you think it will work. I know 305/70R16 fit without rubbing. I don't care if they rub a little, I just don't want to destroy the tires. Does anyone run these tires? TIA

CreeperSleeper

Cascade Cruisers

According to Super Swamper, they recommed a 16x8 wheel. (Sounded funny to me too, but I don't think I'd argue w/ them.)

I ran LTB's(34x10.5x15) on my 60 for about three weeks and then put them on my samuria. They ride very badly on the highway! If your 80 is your driver then I would pick a different swamper(TSL,SX,SSR) if you are at all concerned with your ride. They are great off road though.

I would expect at least the ds rear tire to rub on the frame rail - unsure on the front. I run 36/13 TSLs on the trail and the tires get close enough on the ds rear tire that they take the dirt off the frame rail - don't rub the frame rail but take off any dirt.

I would also estimate frame rubbing with that much tire. Unless you went with new wheels or nice bolt on spacers I wouldn't attempt it.

Yes this would work. I ran that exact size on a stock chassis with no major problems. 16x8 steel wheels with 4" backspacing. At full stuff the fronts rubbed on the lip of the fender flairs.

I say go for it.

CreeperSleeper

Cascade Cruisers

It is my daily driver, but I have a two mile commute to work, so I think I could live with it. Running boards and mud flaps are removed (no worries there) and I don't care if they rub a bit. I just don't want it to rub all the time.

Just be aware they are horrible on road. Noisey, low tread life, bad flat spotting & poor steering feel. One of the worst DD tires you could get.

However, they rule off road and are a cheap tire!

I would suggest you drive someone's truck with LTBs or standard TSLs before you put down some cash.

My DD tire is a BFG All Terrain on OE wheels. I use my LTBs only for playing in the mud and rocks.

semlin

curmudgeon

does the bad road handling on swampers extend to extended travel on rutted gravel roads?

Since half of the roads in Michigan are rutted gravel roads I have done quite a bit of mile on them. Most of the negatives of the LTBs disappear in my experience on gravel roads.

CreeperSleeper

Cascade Cruisers

I used to run bias ply TSL's on my daily driven GMC truck... and I was commuting about 15mi a day at least. I don't really care about the life, as long as I can run them for a year (lift kit... woo hoo!) Do LTB's ride worse than TSL's?

Top Bottom