Super Swamper LTB's (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Too wide for the OEM wheels in my opinion. Will probably rub when stuffed.

They'll fit, if it rubs anywhere it'll only be on the
mud flaps, so just cut them back a little bit.

I ran LTB's(34x10.5x15) on my 60 for about three weeks and then put them on my samuria. They ride very badly on the highway! If your 80 is your driver then I would pick a different swamper(TSL,SX,SSR) if you are at all concerned with your ride. They are great off road though.

I would expect at least the ds rear tire to rub on the frame rail - unsure on the front. I run 36/13 TSLs on the trail and the tires get close enough on the ds rear tire that they take the dirt off the frame rail - don't rub the frame rail but take off any dirt.

I would also estimate frame rubbing with that much tire. Unless you went with new wheels or nice bolt on spacers I wouldn't attempt it.

I ran 33/ 13.5/ 16 claws and they never rubbed on the rails.
Anyway who cares if they do.

If your talking to me? Yes they where standard 16x8 white wheels.

Yes this would work. I ran that exact size on a stock chassis with no major problems. 16x8 steel wheels with 4" backspacing. At full stuff the fronts rubbed on the lip of the fender flairs.

I say go for it.

Just be aware they are horrible on road. Noisey, low tread life, bad flat spotting & poor steering feel. One of the worst DD tires you could get.

However, they rule off road and are a cheap tire!

I would suggest you drive someone's truck with LTBs or standard TSLs before you put down some cash.

My DD tire is a BFG All Terrain on OE wheels. I use my LTBs only for playing in the mud and rocks.

does the bad road handling on swampers extend to extended travel on rutted gravel roads?

Since half of the roads in Michigan are rutted gravel roads I have done quite a bit of mile on them. Most of the negatives of the LTBs disappear in my experience on gravel roads.

LR_RESQ said:
Do LTB's ride worse than TSL's?

No they ride the same, but I figured you could find a truck with TSL easier than LTBs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom