Super high pole mount LED ID? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You want a night pic ? Or just pix of the assy ?

It's raining at the moment, but if it clears I can get some, but more likely tomorrow.

So I got mine in the mail and I am pretty impressed. It’s a super small, lightweight package, and very bright. The pics below show it on and off, to be fair there is a streetlight near where I was taking the pic; but it was still pretty dang bright. To me that means it will be even brighter in pitch black.

The only thing I do not like, and I am going to see if I can remedy it, is that you have to unscrew the assembly to get it to fit in the bag. So it’s not instantaneous, but takes about 5 min to set up because of all the screws.

Here is on.

181595E5-35E5-4F10-A60C-D559B93E1A55.jpeg

Here is one off but my flash went off. I thought I had one with out the flash but I guess I do not. It doesn’t do the light justice.

55012DF0-5E89-45CD-A0F3-EAF3EC7F1B07.jpeg

Best part? Wireless remote control.

Wish I had seen this thread before I ordered mine. I ordered mine on Aliexpress and it took about a month to get here. It worked awesome the first night I tried it in my driveway. Now it doesn't work at all. I'm going to check the connections at the controller and see if it's something simple. Otherwise I'm going to have to try a new controller.

On the plus side, I was able to attach a fishing rod holder from my boat to my roof rack and it works great for this. So it'll be a pretty nice setup once I get it to work lol

The rod holder is a great idea!

The first time I was messing around with mine I though I got a dud. For me it turned out to be the connection at the 12v plug was loose. Try playing around with it, hope it works for you.

The rod holder is a great idea!

The first time I was messing around with mine I though I got a dud. For me it turned out to be the connection at the 12v plug was loose. Try playing around with it, hope it works for you.
I ended up cutting the heat shrink tubing and checking the controller. 12v going in, nothing going out no matter what button I pressed on the remote. The remote has an led that flashed with every button push, so I don't think it's that. I just cut the controller out and hardwired it. Next I'll find a Bluetooth led controller and wire that in closer to the plug end. This way I can actually fish the wire through the rod "hoops". I also took off the last section of rod because it's so flimsy. It's plenty long enough considering it's mounted 7ft off the ground now :)
20190601_154324.jpg

I ended up cutting the heat shrink tubing and checking the controller. 12v going in, nothing going out no matter what button I pressed on the remote. The remote has an led that flashed with every button push, so I don't think it's that. I just cut the controller out and hardwired it. Next I'll find a Bluetooth led controller and wire that in closer to the plug end. This way I can actually fish the wire through the rod "hoops". I also took off the last section of rod because it's so flimsy. It's plenty long enough considering it's mounted 7ft off the ground now :) View attachment 1991933
Nice.
My only complaint is finding a way to store it. Right now I have to unscrew the panels from the mounting arms and mounting arms from the bracket to the pole. it’s tedious and I would like to find a way to quick deploy it/store it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom